My girls have been off track for a week now. I admit that sometimes I dread them being off track. I get tired of the bickering and the complaining of being bored and having nothing to do. I must say however, that has not been the case this time. Here is what my girls have been doing lately:


I know what you are thinking, "Wow, what great kids!" Yes, my kids have been reading for hours each day, but rest assured they have ulterior motives. In order to play Wii they must earn it. So for every hour they read they will get 1/2 hour to play Wii. So literally they read for an hour, then play Wii for 1/2 hour and then repeat the cycle. They also can earn time by doing their off track homework packets and by having a good attitude (especially when I ask them to do something for me). I must say that they have really been quite delightful! I have been milking it for all it's worth too!
4 comments:
I will have remember that tactic when my kids get bigger. That's a pretty creative way to get them to read and help out. Enjoy it while it lasts!!
BRILLIANT!!!!!
You really should homeschool. It's the same as the reading/Wii bribe. Only you get more out of them. My kids only get 1 hour of media for every 5 hours of studying. Not so bad.
I think that's funny! Going on a long road trip did wonders for breaking my boys from their wii attachment. Off track. love it and hate it.
Post a Comment