Chris and I are celebrating our anniversary this weekend on August 17th. It was 12 years ago that we were sealed in the L.A. Temple. It was a great day and it's fun to think back and remember that sweet, fast paced day. I wish I had some better pictures to show, but they are in storage right now.


These were taken in Hawaii last year.

I tried to find some recent pictures of just Chris and I but they are few and far between. I guess that is what happens when the kids start coming around; you take less pics of the two of you and more of the kids. What a great 12 years we have had. I am so glad that he finally agreed to marry me. :) Here is our story. We met at BYU in the fall of 1995 at a ward social. My apartment of 4 girls and his apartment of 4 guys started hanging out together and we all became the best of friends. Before too long one of my roommates started dating one of his. Then another one started dating another one of his. Apparently to the four of them it only seemed logical that Chris and I should start dating as well. So one night when the 6 of us were all supposed to go out together the 4 of them flaked (as they had planned) and Chris and I had our first date. That was in January, and by May we were engaged and then married in August. In case you are wondering the other two couples followed suit after that. I feel so blessed to have found Chris and know that it truly was meant to be. I know it sounds sappy, but hey it's our anniversary and this is my blog so I am allowed right? I am so thankful for the last 12 years and look forward to the next. I hope Chris knows that I truly love him more and more each day. Happy Anniversary Honey!






9 comments:
Congratulations to you both. You are a wonderful family and your love for one another is evident.
I remember that story! Thanks to you getting married, I inherited a great roommate...Christy. Congrats on 12 years! That is awesome. Blaine and I celebrate 7 years on the 18th.
Wow, that's so funny that all the roommates married roommates. (Also, we were sealed in the L.A. Temple too!)
Congratulations on your happy day!! I have pictures of me and Melinda doing the flowers for your reception. You have since created a beautiful family! :)
Of course you're allowed to be sappy on your anniversary!! You and Chris are so cute - thanks for sharing the story :)
Happy Anniversary! You look gorgeous - love the hair and dress.
Ahhh that is such a cute little story! You two are the cutest couple!! And you seriously don't look like you've aged at all in 12 years!
I love the new blog layout!!
What a fun story! I love all the cute pics too. What a wonderful couple and family!
I remember those good old days! I recently found pictures from your bridal shower. Hard to believe it's been 12 years! You two make a great couple. Congratulations!
Post a Comment