Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Look Into Our Family Home Evening

Tonight for Family Home Evening Chris gave a great lesson on the Family Proclamation. It was a really good lesson despite the fact that Isaac was running around crazy and the girls were super fidgety. At one point he switched gears and started talking about the story in The Book of Mormon on Nephi and his family on the ship on the way to the Promised Land.
Here is basically how it went:

Chris: How many people where on the ship?


Emily: Like maybe 50.


Chris: There were A LOT of people right? So do you think it was hard for all of them to get along all of the time on the boat? I bet they were pretty crowded and probably complained a lot right?


Girls: Yeah, probably.


Isaac: Dad! Dad! Did you say boat??


Chris: So our rental house is kind of like Nephi's ship.



Abby: Because it's small and there isn't much room?



Chris: Right, so what can we learn from that?


Emily: That we should try to stay away from each other???


Chris: No......


Isaac: Dad! Dad! Did you say boat?



Abby:
That we shouldn't complain?


Chris: YES!!



They were a little slow but they finally got it....


It was pretty funny, but I guess you had to be there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But what about the boat?? Fun story--remember: kids are fun, kids are fun, kids are fun.....:)

Ashley A. said...

Hahahaha that was great! I thought it was so funny talking to Emily and Abby about sharing a room at the reunion. They were trying to come up with other scenarios like Isaac and Lilly sharing a room. They wouldn't admit that it might make the most sense for them to be together. :)

sacramentostakeclerk said...

That was just the chuckle that I needed today. Especially, "that we should try to stay away from each other?"

Anne said...

I love your kids! So cute. I can just totally picture Isaac with that little twinkle in his eyes wanting to know more about the BOAT! Cute!

Leslie said...

I love it! Isaac totally got it. :)