Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's Great To Be Eight!

I can hardly believe it but my little Abby is turning 8 on Friday. Take a walk down memory lane with me......

Abby had such dark hair when she was born. It gradually got lighter and lighter, but for about 15 months she had one part that looked like we dipped it in hair dye. I actually had people ask me if I dyed it!

If you notice in this picture you can see her dark strip of hair in her bangs, it's not the lighting in the picture.




Abby also loves to learn. On her first day of kindergarten she said, "Bye Mom!" and never looked back. She spends a huge part of her day reading, which she has loved since she was a toddler.




Abby has always been a happy-go-lucky kid. She is fun loving and almost always has a smile on her face. She is incredibly sensitive and hates when people are mean to others. Every night she prays that people will be nice to each other the next day.






Abby, I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I am so honored to be you mom. Thanks for being such a good kid. I love you Smalls!

7 comments:

Moose and Family said...

Happy Birthday Abby!! Thanks for sharing such cute pictures. :)

RufflesAndFringe said...

Happy Birthday Abby! Those pictures are adorable. What a cutie!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

You've told me about the black/blonde hair thing... but it's still crazy to actually see it! You had your own little New Wave baby! She's obviously always been just as adorable as she is right now. The top picture in the plaid jumper might be my favorite... although it's hard to pick with Abby! Happy birthday, Abby!

Anne said...

What a little doll!!! She has been absolutely adorable from Day One. I love all the pictures, you are so good to have all those!!! Happy Birthday, Abby!!!

Perky's Posts said...

Eight years old! Crazy! When is her baptism? Happy Birthday Abby! You were born in a great month!

Ashley A. said...

Happy Birthday Abby! I hope she had a great day. I love it when you post pictures of them as babies since it seems like that's what they should always look like to me :). I also miss the black curl! We can't wait for her baptism!

MEB said...

I can't believe she's 8! That was so fun to see all of those pictures.