Monday, March 3, 2008

I hate tax season!!!


I am sure no one wants to hear me complain, but this is my blog after all and I am entitled right? I am warning you if you don't like to hear whining, you better not read this post.....

Yes-- we are in the thick of tax season and I really shouldn't complain since Chris hasn't been as busy this year as in the past. I am not sure if it will get worse later on or if it will continue on like this. Only time will tell. Either way it still stinks. He has been getting home after the kids are in bed (although luckily before I go to bed!). The only benefit of this is that I have been able to get a lot of scrapbooking done in the evenings. Which is good since I really need to get caught up before this baby comes and I have tons more pictures.

Chris eats dinner at the office every night so I usually don't cook much during tax season (who am I kidding, I don't cook much during any season!). We do have have a lot of "lunch and breakfast foods" for dinner and cold cereal. I am such a great mom huh?! Isaac has officially taken over Chris' spot at the table. He doesn't like to sit in his highchair anymore and since Chris is gone, naturally there is a spot at the table for him. I am wondering what we are going to do after tax season.....


We always miss Chris during tax season, but especially when:

  • Em needs math homework help (What the heck-- this is 4th grade math??)
  • It's bath time for Isaac (he always does this; now Abby helps :)
  • We are reading scriptures (Where's dad to explain Isaiah??)
and we especially miss him when:

  • My due date is a week before April 15th!!!
I really do feel bad for Chris, as I know he would much rather be at home than pushing numbers around. Such is life I guess. Thanks for working hard for us honey. At least Isaac is big enough this year to remember you and to not call the AC repair man "Dad" like last tax season.... :)

8 comments:

Leslie said...

I hear ya! My mom and father-in-law are CPA's and you can't barely catch them on the phone during these few months. My second Son was born March 29th - it seemed like an inconvenience for the both of them! :)

sacramentostakeclerk said...

My kids eat a lot of cold cereal during busy season... I'm actually a little glad to hear it's happening in someone else's home too. That's all it takes to make me feel less guilty apparently.

p.s. I'm already in love with Isaac in nursery. Man, that kid is cute!

Lucy said...

Wow. I know what it's like to have a husband gone at nights, but Jay's is spread out throughout the year. A whole month plus would be rough. hang in there!

Anne said...

You need a party, girlfriend! How 'bout tomorrow night, my house. Lots of chocolate, a big fat cake, all your friends, and no kids. Wanna come?

Lisa said...

Anne--I'm totally there!! :)

Ashley A. said...

That does stink Lisa. I don't like it when Joe hasn't seen the kids all day (for his sake and for mine!). I don't know how you do it for that long. Will Chris be able to get time off when the baby comes or are you just hoping she comes late?

I never cook when Joe doesn't eat with us either so don't feel bad.

FriscoFour said...

So sorry Lisa. If it helps at all, we eat breakfast for dinner every Monday night. It's a tradition. And, cold cereal is always our first back-up when I'm too lazy or too tired! Hope you're feeling well. Hang in there.

Tirsa said...

That meal did not look like cold cereal. It's gotta be tough though. I totally understand the math thing. I have informed Blaine that he has all math and science duty when our kids are in school.