Monday, March 31, 2008

Doing Laundry

A few weeks ago I introduced the kids to the chore of doing laundry. I figured this would be helpful after the baby arrives. Usually I do the wash and then they will put away or hang up all their clothes on their own (yes, even Isaac knows how to put his clothes in the drawers and hang things up with minimal help!). Anyway-- I typed out directions and taped them to the washing machine and dryer for the kids and then we went through a trial run. Wouldn't you know it, they thought it was the funnest chore ever (we'll see how long that lasts!). I thought it was hilarious watching Abby try to get the clothes out of the washing machine to put into the dryer. She is so short that most of her body was inside the washing machine. I couldn't resist taking a picture of her cute little bum in the air! Now if I can just perfect Emily on making dinner I will have it made!

4 comments:

Anne said...

There are two things I love about this post.

1. That your kids love to do laundry, and the cute pics to prove it.

2. Your brilliant idea of wallpapering the laudnry room with your kids' artwork. You never cease to amaze me with your ingenuity. I'm going to copy that one.

Leslie said...

I love it!! My boys are good at putting it away, but a little small to dig in the washer. But hey...maybe someday I'll get those nice front loader machines - that would be perfect.

Sheri said...

These pictures gave me a good chuckle! I love that Isaac is having to stand in the basket to reach the clothes in the dryer. Good for you for teaching your kids to do chores!!! You are an amazing mother. I was about Emily's age when I was put in charge of doing the laundry for a household of 9. I loved it then and it is still my favorite job aorund the house!

Nicole said...

Laundry is the worst chore to do when you are pregnant. How are you supposed to carry anything when you already have a beach ball under your shirt. Luckily we have a front load washer, so my girls did all of the switching of the laundry when I was pregnant with Jaxton. I don't mind folding it, but switching it out is such a pain.