Sunday, March 9, 2008

Recent Happenings

Good Times With Old Friends
Last week I was lucky enough to meet up with a friend from high school while she was in town with her family. We hadn't seen each other in a very long time and it was so much fun to catch up. We met downtown at the mall and hung out and had lunch. Isaac was a trooper and entertained himself at the playarea while we chatted. Thanks again Melinda for squeezing me in to your busy weekend!

Bragging Rights
Okay once again I am using my blogging rights. This time I would like to brag about one of my fantastic star students. She is in fourth grade and has never not been on Principals List (4.0). She is such a good student and even though it has been a tough year for homework and such, she has done a fantastic job of staying on task without me nagging her (always a bonus!). Just last week she said to me when I said goodnight to her, "I can't read much tonight, I need my sleep for my test tomorrow." Keep up the good work Em!

8 Months and Counting
So against my better judgement here is a picture Em took of me today. Only about 4 weeks left! YIKES!!!!!



Isaac's quote of the week:
Jesus made that (pointing to the sunset through the window). It's beautiful and makes us happy!







11 comments:

Amber said...

Lisa, you finally look pregnant- just in time for the baby to come!)

Anne said...

Fun updates! I loved that outfit you wore to church today. It doesn't even look maternity- is it? You are adorable. Take more pics, you will want them later. I wish I had!

Congrats to Emily! Your kids are sooooo good. Do they ever do anything wrong/bad/naughty??? Gee whiz! ;)

Leslie said...

That is so great that you got to see Melinda - that must have been so fun! You are a cute pregnant lady. Hey I need your email address..email me lesashby@gmail.com

Ashley A. said...

Cute pictures. You look great! Congratulations, Em! Keep up the good work! I love that Isaac quote, too.

MEB said...

It was so good to see you. You look fantastic! If look half as good as you when I am pregnant I will be happy! Your kids are great! You have every right to brag about them! :)

Moose and Family said...

Lisa, you really look great!! This pregnancy hasn't been as nice to me. (Hence, no pictures yet). I'm still hoping there's twins in here to make up for my size & weight gain!! We'll find out next week. That's so fun you got to meet up with Melinda!

Jared & Larisa said...

you are indeed one hot pregnant lady :) can you teach me? your kids are awesome - we especially enjoyed Isaac today! -larisa

Marlise said...

Lisa! I'm glad you tracked me down in the blog world! :) So fun to see your blog and get caught up! You look great, and I can't believe how close you are to having that baby! How exciting! Take care.

Melissa said...

Lisa, I added the pregnancy countdown widget to my blog site, too. I hope you don't mind! I love seeing the days left to go. Our girls will be so close. I can't wait for them to be friends. I remember when you told me you were having a baby. I'm so excited for you! 25 days to go!

Perky's Posts said...

You look so beautiful Lisa! I can't believe you only have 3 weeks left!

Jana said...

Hi Lisa! Your family is so cute and you look adorable. Here is the address to my blog:

tjmathewsfamily@blogspot.com

Jana Mathews