Saturday, March 29, 2008
Old Sierra Camp
Emily had a fabulous time at Old Sierra Camp last week. She actually didn't even want to go and so I am very glad it ended up being a good experience for her. The premise of the camp is to mimic the happenings in the 1800's. The kids dress from that era and do chores such as churn butter (before breakfast), make rope, serve the adults meals first, and do the dishes, among other things. Emily was not thrilled to wear her dress and left her bonnet hanging down her back the whole time. However she was a good sport and had a good attitude about it even if she wore her bandana on her face most of the time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
I keep forgetting to ask you about this! I want to hear more! I'll have to talk to Emily I guess. We loved it- I can't wait to go again with the whole family.
As a teacher these were my favorite times----fieldtrips---beats being in a classroom anyday! Seeing these pictures almost makes me miss teaching. I am glad Emily had fun.
Post a Comment