
I know I whined about getting up early for the gym in a past post, but here is my secret confession: I really love it. I love getting home from the gym at 6 am and having the house quite. I love being able to do my stretching, read my scriptures and catch up on blogging all before my kids wake up. I have a good hour before Isaac and the girls make an appeareance and sometimes a good 2 -3 hours before Lily wakes up. It is divine! Sometimes it makes me cringe to think of how early I am getting up and how disciplined I have to be at getting to bed at a decent hour, but it is all worth it. I feel like I have so much more time in the day now and really feel more productive. So tell me, what is your secret confession? I promise I won't tell anyone!






8 comments:
I like to grocery shop WITHOUT MY KIDS late at night! I'll wait until my husband is home and the kids are in bed. I'll tell him I'll be back in an hour or two or three. Even if I only have a few things on my list, I'll SLOWLY peruse the store, looking at new things, checking out the videos, etc. No one bothers me there. It's usually late enough at night that I don't see people I know who want to stop and talk. No one calls me on the cell phone that late. It's my own little quiet sanctuary! Sometimes when I REALLY need a break and have nothing to buy, I'll go to Target and roam the store. Try on clothes or shoes I would never buy, look at toys, and just unwind. I really should just go and get a gym membership!!
What time do you go to bed at night to go the gym so early? And do you take a nap in the day?
Your house is looking good. WHen is it supposed to be done? Before winter I hope!
My confession: I didn't sleep very well last night, so today it's 11:00 and I'm still in my pajamas with no plans to upgrade to real clothing. Maggie is also in her pajamas, but she's wearing her swimsuit over them. Because she wanted to. And I helped her do it.
Also, I ate two ice cream sandwiches for breakfast. TWO!
So, now you see that our confessions are like two ends of the spectrum. Yours, productive and impressive. Mine, kind of makes you sick to your stomach a little?
Leslie,
I try to aim for bed around 10 pm, but it is usually closer to 10:30 and last night I was at a girls night out and went to bed around 11 am. I don't take a nap during the day, but the thought is nice.... I don't know when the house will be done. I am too afraid of the answer to ask!
Melissa,
I LOVE your confession. It doesn't make me sick to my stomach at all. I ate 1/2 a cake yesterday morning that Anne brought me!
I am so glad that you are enjoying the morning routine. My exercise buddy is trying to talk me into doing the morning, and I am just dragging my feet. I am such a night owl and I have a hard time getting myself to bed.
I guess that is my secret confession, I stay up way to late at night, and then I have completely unproductive mornings. I am never asleep before midnight. It is such a bad habit, but I can't make myself get into bed any earlier. I am grateful to have a kindergartener this year because it forces me to get up and get moving. It is a love/hate kind of thing. I love it because I know it is better for me. But I would much rather sit in front of the computer all morning.
I read this post a few days ago and didn't have time to comment. But in the meantime I did have time to seriously think about your so-called "confession." I was thinking abut how disciplined you are- that's such a good trait to have and I feel like I have NO discipline. That's always been a problem for me. You are such a good example to me- and everyone!!!
ONE of my confessions (I have way too many to list here) is similar to Nicole's. I stay up WAY too late and it just messes up my day. I know I should get in bed earlier but I don't. I have always had wacky sleep issues, so I doubt it will ever get better. But that's my confession.
I'm going to try to be better disciplined and go to be at a normal time, though... you inspire me! :)
My secret confession is I seriously love High School Musical! I know, I'm such a dork. Maybe I should go have a sleepover with some 8 year-old girls :)
I know you read it on my blog already but I love the food network and I love watching the next food network star. Last night was the finale and the guy Maurie and I have been rooting for won. I also love exercising super early. It makes my day start out so good!
Post a Comment