We had a low-key but fun Fourth of July. Here are some pics of the kiddos. I got the girls these cute Fourth of July tee shirts last year on clearance at Khols and they both complained that they were too tight. They posed for the pictures (can you see how fake happy they are?) and then I let them take them off. You gotta choose your battles right? Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. I love it because you get to just relax and hang out by the pool with friends and watch fun fire works. It is a holiday (at least for me) that there isn't much to do for preparation (picture Christmas.....) yet it is super fun. We spent the day having breakfast at our wards flag raising ceremony, barbecuing and swimming at our good friends' new pool and going to our traditional spot to watch the fire work show. Isaac was so excited all day to see fireworks for the first time and was asking all day when we got to watch the "fire workers!" It was a fun day.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
My Favorite Holiday
We had a low-key but fun Fourth of July. Here are some pics of the kiddos. I got the girls these cute Fourth of July tee shirts last year on clearance at Khols and they both complained that they were too tight. They posed for the pictures (can you see how fake happy they are?) and then I let them take them off. You gotta choose your battles right? Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. I love it because you get to just relax and hang out by the pool with friends and watch fun fire works. It is a holiday (at least for me) that there isn't much to do for preparation (picture Christmas.....) yet it is super fun. We spent the day having breakfast at our wards flag raising ceremony, barbecuing and swimming at our good friends' new pool and going to our traditional spot to watch the fire work show. Isaac was so excited all day to see fireworks for the first time and was asking all day when we got to watch the "fire workers!" It was a fun day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
I agree. The 4th is such a fun holiday. And fireworkers really are the best.
p.s. Everyone looks so cute in their holiday-wear... I like that Lily's in on it too.
Cute pictures of the kids!
So fun! I love the 4th... or pretty much any holiday that involved lots of food and minimal stress.
Do you remember the stadium of fire in Provo for the fourth. This year they had Hannah Montana and she sold out so fast. Maybe next year we can come hang out by your pool!
Christy, that would make it the best 4th of July EVER if you all came!!
I am with Isaac---fireworkers are the best! I think that is why I love this holiday so much. Your children look so cute in their patriotic attire!
Post a Comment