Thursday, October 2, 2008

They're Watching You...

Emily likes to put things up on her wall. Usually she has a bulletin board and she will stick things up that she likes or wants to remember. At our rental house there is no bulletin board so the other day after church she had taped this up on her wall.
I thought it was very sweet of her to put it up, but it got even better than that. A couple of days later I went into Isaac's room and found this taped up in his room.
I am not sure if you can see it or not, but it is a small, laminated copy of the Family Proclamation that Chris usually keeps in his scriptures. Isaac had got it out of Chris' scriptures and taped it up in his room so he could be like Emily. I made sure that Emily realized that Isaac actions were a direct consequence of hers, and how happy I was that she was being a good example to him, without even realizing it. So much of the time I feel like I only point out the annoying things that I see Isaac doing that he learns from his sisters. It was a good reminder to me that they really are always watching, and I can only hope that my girls continue to do things I want Isaac and Lily to copy.

3 comments:

Anne said...

OK, that is so cute!!! I love blog posts like this. A little glimpse inside your darling family. I miss you!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Such a sweet story! (And look at that face. I adore that face.)

Janis said...

What a cute post. Thanks for sharing. I love it when kids do such darling things.