Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In The News

Here are some news stories I heard about at the gym this morning. (Click on the titles to read the entire story)

Am I not the only one who thinks this is GENIUS!? This is a feature that allows parents to set speed limitations, volume control for the radio and seat belt features while their teens are driving. For example one setting is the volume is muted unless the seat belt is on. The 'My Key" will be available on select models starting next summer.


Starbucks Accused of Wasting Water


Starbucks has been accused of keeping their tap water running nonstop during business hours at all 10, 000 of their locations. WHAT? They say the constant flow helps germs from breeding in their taps and they use it to rinse utensils. Ever heard of a dishwasher?? With the taps running they could fill an Olympic sized pool every 83 minutes. What is up with that? Good thing I am not a coffee drinker or I would have to add them to my naughty list.


New research has claimed that keeping a fan on in the baby's room can also help reduce the incident of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome because it improves circulation and regulates temperature.



Did you know that when 4 judges overturned the will of the people and legalized same sex marriage that the health department issued new forms that said "party A" and "party B" instead of "bride" and "groom?" How LAME is that? Well enough people complained and now they will have a box to check for bride and groom.

Kindergarten father arrested for insisting that his son not be taught about homosexuality in school

This is what we are up against if Prop 8 fails. If more people watched this video that happened in Massachusetts, and saw the implications of what will happen, I really think we would not have a problem passing prop. 8. It is kind of long but well worth it. Here is the link.

In case you don't look at the comment section, my friend Nicole, put a link to an article that came out today. It mentions that according to a recent poll Californians now favor prop. 8 by a small percentage. So for those of you who are helping with the efforts to pass prop. 8, it really is making a difference. Let's double our efforts and pass this thing!!! Here is the article.

8 comments:

RufflesAndFringe said...

Crazy news! I heard on the news this morning that according to a CBS 5 (Bay Area News) poll, Prop 8 is favored to pass by 5 points. That is a major turn around and they said it is mainly being fueled by young people. So it isn't over yet!

RufflesAndFringe said...

Here is the link to the news story:
http://tinyurl.com/3pfzp3

sacramentostakeclerk said...

That Prop 8 video is really powerful. I'm going to go check out Nicole's link...

Lisa said...

Nicole, Thanks for the link to the article. That is awesome. Goes to show that we really CAN make a difference. That is the best news I've heard today!!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I took a look at that article, and SERIOUSLY!? Newsom said "whether you like it or not"?! Wow. There is a small sense of satisfaction knowing that his audacity helped to spur some support for the proposition.

Blaine and Tirsa said...

No wonder why starbucks products are so expensive! We're all paying for their water bill!

MEB said...

Wow, you learned a lot from the news that morning. Thanks for sharing all of this. I heard the same thing about Prop 8. Even thought I can't vote, I am still doing what I can here in Utah. BYU is setting up a calling campaign and I will start to call people next week!
BTW...I think the car key is a GREAT idea!

Leslie said...

That story about the Dad in Mass that was sent to jail for wanting parental notification makes me sad and sick at the same time!!

If this prop fails I may have to homeschool. Ugh.