Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Updates

Here are some picture updates of what we have been doing lately.

The girls have been off track so we have been trying to find things to keep them busy. One morning we went to a new splash park nearby. The kids had a lot of fun, although next time I will have to make Isaac wear water shoes since he kept slipping. I had to take a picture of the sign because I just couldn't believe the things they had on there! Particularly I got a chuckle over the 2nd and 4th bullets. Click on the picture to enlarge it.

Abby got a skate board for her birthday. She was so excited to skate with Emily. Here they are practicing.

Of course Isaac wanted to show off his skills as well. I am sure it is only a matter of time before he has a board too.

Here is our little Lily. I love this outfit so I had to take some pictures of her on Sunday. She will be 5 months old in a few days.


Isaac started 3 year old preschool yesterday. It was DIVINE! The girls and I hardly knew what to do with our selves. He had a great time, and already loves Miss Brooke. Here is a conversation we had after school that gave me a bit of a scare:

Me: What was your most favorite part of preschool?

Isaac: Peeing in the bushes (yes-- this is a direct quote).

Me: (mortified) WHAT???!! Please tell me you didn't.

Isaac: I did.

Me: I am so calling your teacher right now.

I did make that call and luckily Isaac did NOT pee in the bushes. Do you see what I have to deal with everyday?!

Yesterday I made cupcakes to take to Abby's soccer practice to celebrate her birthday. I had this grand idea to frost the cupcakes and then use junior mints to make them look like soccer balls. This is what they turned out like. Emily came over to look at them and asked what they were. When I told her she simply said, "Nice effort Mom." Now you understand why I don't cook.

10 comments:

RufflesAndFringe said...

We have got to go check out that park, that looks awesome. I think your cupcakes are cute!

Jared & Larisa said...

At least Isaac only said he peed in the bushes, but didn't actually do it ... :)

And I think your cupcakes look awesome!

Moose and Family said...

I like the pictures of the girls on their boards. It's awesome that Emily is so talented skateboarding all ready.

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Oh my gosh, my kids are so going to "nice effort" me too any day now.

We've got to go try the splash pool, jeesh. We are so behind the times. Is everyone going on Friday for park day?

MEB said...

I am laughing so hard right now. Isaac's story is HILARIOUS and I love the comment on the cupcakes. You have great kids!

Lisa said...

Melissa- I know Casey talked about going there on Friday....I am sure we will get an email from her soon! Either way I'd meet you there if you want!

Sheri said...

We LOVE this park!! We have been there 4 times already. I am looking forward to park day on Friday. You know I was so laughing about Isaac---if I remember right, you have witnessed Olivia "peeing in the bushes" at the park.

Janis said...

Oh Isaac....that is so funny! He makes me laugh! Nice air too on the skateboard. That Emily is quite talented. By the way, I like the cupcakes. You did a great job.

Jana said...

Gotta love boys. The world is their urinal. Cortlen went #2 in the backyard for no apparent reason a few days ago and I freaked. "You poop, you scoop!" I told him. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Lisa said...

Jana, YOU WIN!!