Thursday, September 25, 2008

Progress

I realize that it has been awhile since I posted some house update pictures. I think the reason is that it has been a little scary seeing the huge mess which use to be our house. It gives us both anxiety!! But luckily things are getting wrapped up and we hope to move back in, in a few weeks (keep your fingers crossed!!). This was mid August.
See what I mean? There were holes all over my house! Luckily they are all gone now.

And lots of dirt!! I think Chris may need medication after seeing our house like this. (This is my soon to be laundry room)

We got extra insulation upstairs so we hopefully won't be able to hear the kids as much (?)!

Emily in her new room.

The loft at it's messiest.

The stairs. They should complete the stair rail today.


They did a lot of the painting last week and it's been exciting to see the change (as well as the cleaner look!)

Oops this one is out of order....Abby in her new room. Luckily this is all cleaned up now.

This is our downstairs family room. The door on the left is leading into my new den (Abby's old room). The two cut outs in the middle will have shutters in them.

Emily's room tidied up a bit.
Posted by Picasa

So there you have it. Things are moving along nicely at a snails pace. What more can you expect right? When you think that we will be in this house FOREVER what's a few more weeks right??


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Moose and Family said...

I like how the upstairs windows are higher off the ground. (Less likely for kids to fall out) It's coming along and looks great! It's been fun to see the transformation.

Jared & Larisa said...

So, so exciting!!! I can't wait for Emmett to pick Lily up for a date at your new house :)

sacramentostakeclerk said...

So, do you have a pretty solid date for when it will be finished?

It looks great... (although those holes were crazy!).

Lisa said...

I don't think there is such a thing as a solid date in construction....We are shooting for the middle of October, with our fingers crossed. :)

Sheri said...

Lisa it all looks amazing and so exciting!!! I can't wait to see it all finished--I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Perky's Posts said...

I can't wait to come and visit you again. I do get a trip this year because Maurie may be doing another crazy Phoneix trip to watch his Cubs! Where is you stamping room?

Janis said...

Wow, It looks awesome. I'm excited for you guys. It's kind of like buying a new house, but you already know you have wonderful neighbors and a wonderful school. What more could you ask for! Oh yeah, a couch! :)~

MEB said...

So exciting! It is looking great. I can't wait to see the finished product. :)