Sunday, February 10, 2008

Adventure is just a page away





One night last week all the kids were reading at once. I just had to get the camera out to capture it. Usually Em and Abby read in their rooms, but this evening we all had a book out in the family room. Gee, must be tax season. Emily and Abby probably read at least an hour a day, sometimes more if I forget to go into their room to tuck them in or if they get their hands on a really good book and can't put it down. It is great because since Abby reads Em's level books they both have a wide selection to choose from. They even play "library" and let each other check out books from their room. They have their own little system and Em even charges late fees....Watch out! Isaac also loves to look at books and to be read too. Of course his process is much messier as you can see. The girls are so sweet and enjoy reading to him as well. I am so glad they all have a love of books already and hope that it continues as they get older.

7 comments:

Ashley A. said...

That picture of Isaac is classic. I love that your kids are such readers and I hope ours will be. I can't believe Abby is reading that novel! I'll need to remember that for her next birthday--no messing around with books that are her reading level. :)

Leslie said...

The love of reading...it's awesome!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I love that they have a system for checking out books. It makes my Type A heart skip a beat to hear about it.

Anne said...

Your kids are so darn cute! Do they ever NOT take a cute picture? Unfair!! LOL. :)

Nicole said...

Love Isaac's picture! That is how our bookshelf looks most of the time. Kids reading is the best!

Lucy said...

What lovely pictures! They look pretty comfy with those books in their laps!

I love when my kids read too. Seth is my only reader reader, but whenever he pulls out a book, Sammy usually follows (and usually with a big Harry Potter book too) and quietly turns pages. The best is after twenty minutes or so, he'll come up to me and sigh and say, "Phew. I'm tired. I just read about 300 pages." I hope my boys will always love to read.

Melissa said...

How great - they are all such good readers! What a fun moment to capture. I was the second girl and often trying to keep up to the level that my sister was reading or learning in school. I love their library check-out system, too.