Saturday, February 23, 2008

Abby's first sick day



Abby had her first sick day ever staying home from school yesterday. She woke up and said she had a tummy ache, but kept saying she wanted to go to school. She really did not look like she felt well, but still kept trying to get ready. I told her she could stay home, but she said she wanted to try to go to school. I took her temperature and sure enough she had a fever so there goes the school option. She was quite devastated as she has gotten perfect attendance up until now every single year. Not too bad for being in second grade. (I am still waiting for the devastating day to hit Emily as she has never had to stay home sick either) It is not that they never get sick, it is just we have been fortunate in that if they do get sick it is when they are off track or on the weekend. So Abby was sad to break that perfect attendance record, while Isaac on the other hand was as happy as a clam to have a playmate for the day! Abby perked up about an hour after school started and even tried to get me to let her go......

2 comments:

Anne said...

Poor Abby! I hope she's feeling better. Wow you have good kids. I used to "fake" being sick cuz I hated school!! And that started when I was little! :) I was a big rebel.

Nicole said...

So sorry she had to break her perfect record! Hope she is all better soon.