Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Kind Of Food Storage

If you think this picture is unusual for our family you would be wrong. In our household we believe that the only purpose of a freezer is to house ice cream. Not just any ice cream but good ice cream. Dreyers ice cream or private selection. (Pay no attention to the Sunnyside brand, that was bought strictly for the kids since they don't care what kind of ice cream hits their palette).There really is no substitute. That is why I got very upset earlier in the month when I bought Dreyers ice cream. Over the years their ice cream containers have been slowly shrinking. So much so that if you are just a casual ice cream consumer and not an obsessive one like me you may not have even noticed. However I guarantee that you will now notice the shrinkage of the Dreyers container. Check it out.



Not only has the container size shrunk, but the cost has gone up. After they shrank the container yet again I decided I am totally boycotting Dreyers and will stick to my real number one favorite ice cream: Private Selection (see below). It is harder to get since I actually have to go to Foods Co. to get it, which I hate for multiple reasons. If you care about the shrinking size of the Dreyers containers and what to email them (http://www.dreyers.com/) not only will the "Head Icecream Man" (yes, he actually called himself that) email you back but he will also send you a coupon in the mail for a free icecream. It may be small, but hey it's free!


Yes, if you count them you will see that I bought 11 containers of ice cream during my most recent ice cream trip to Foods Co. The lady at the counter asked me if I was having an ice cream party. I actually told her the truth, "No, this is just for our family." She started laughing as if I was joking so I quickly replied, "Ummm. Yeah. Total ice cream party."

11 comments:

FriscoFour said...

Lisa...I think it's pretty funny that you love ice cream that much! Thanks for making me laugh out loud this evening! Love all the new pictures. Your family is as cute as ever.

Nicole said...

That is hilarious! I must admit that I am not a huge ice cream fan, but I do get a little crazy with my other desserts. I always freeze my leftover desserts so that I don't eat too many. The top shelf of the freezer is always full of my leftovers.

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Oh, trust me... we have been ranting over the new smaller-size/same-price ice cream scam that's being pulled on us. I love how proactive you are when faced with a problem (emailing Dryer's). Awesome!

If you want, we could all come over and make good on the "ice-cream party"?

Blaine and Tirsa said...

O.K. How in the world do you stay so skinny? If I bought all of that ice cream, it would probably be gone and on my hips within the week. That's why I boycott buying ALL ice cream! :)

Lisa said...

Melissa- Sorry too late :)

Tirsa- It's called the ice cream diet. It's all about the calcium....no but seriously I really should cut back....right after my next trip to Foods Co.

Anne said...

I love this. Lisa, you can only get away with posting this obsession because you are so tiny. If I did it, it would be more like admitting I'm fat and the reason why. I'm not a huge ice cream fan (allergy), but if there's cake, you know I'm game.

Marlise said...

I have noticed the smaller Dreyer's container...and I feel cheated. We've got tons of plans of making homemade ice cream this summer...because I'm with you, I couldn't get enough! I'll have an ice cream party with you any day! :)

MEB said...

I love it! Ice cream is my biggest weakness. I just made homemade ice cream tonight!

Moose and Family said...

Lisa - you have been blessed with an awesome super-power. The ability to LOVE ice cream like that and still look great!! We're all a little bit jealous. :)

Amber said...

Funny thing, last week I decided to buy the kids the big generic 5 gallon size because of the high prices and smaller containers. Of course I still bought the good stuff for myself. I thought I was the only one who noticed the new smaller size. I had been complaining to several people who had no idea what I was talking about...I even complained to the check out lady at Safeway.

Seriously, do they think we are idiots?

Lisa said...

I agree Amber. It is totally insulting! For one, if you are trying to do in on the sly, they really need to make sure all the previous sized ice creams are GONE and not put the smaller ones next to the larger ones they still have in stock! LAMEO!