Monday, May 26, 2008

You Were My First



You were my first. My first born, my first child to love. I never imagined you would capture my heart so fast and never let it go. Now you are ten years old and I can't believe I have been your mom for a decade. What a joy it has been to be your mother these past 10 years.
You have taught us so much these last 10 years. You have taught us to try new things. You love new foods, adventures and places. Here you are in Hawaii last year eating calamari.



You have taught us what it looks like to be a great big sister. Here you are holding Lily.

Sisters are the best!

You adore Isaac and the two of you are great buddies.

You have proved that you are never to young to climb trees and you never grow out of that love.








You are an example to us of Choosing The Right everyday.


Emily, Thank you for your zest for life. You have an energy that is contagious and we love that about you. You have the ability to light up a room when you enter it and make everyone smile. .



Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter these last 10 years. I can't wait to see what the next 10 bring. I love you.

Love,
Mom
Above is a slide show of Emily over the last 10 years

6 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Happy birthday, Emily!

Moose and Family said...

That is VERY sweet!! Happy Birthday to Emily. I found a picture in my mom's box to scrapbook of you and Emily when she was just a few months old. Your mom must have sent it to my mom. It's amazing how quickly time flies!!

Sheri said...

What a nice tribute to Emily! Happy Birthday Emily!

Jana said...

Holy Moly! I can't believe you have a ten year-old. We are getting so darn old!

Anne said...

That is the sweetest post. And I agree about everything- Emily is a great kid- you are very lucky!

FriscoFour said...

What a wonderful tribute. I love reading your blog!