Sunday, October 18, 2009

October Fun

Here are some of the things we have been up to lately (warning, lots of pictures!)

Pumpkin Patch

Every year we go to the same pumpkin patch. It's pretty small, but the kids love it and Chris and I love it because we get in and out in less than an hour.


Pumpkin Carving

Tonight we did the dreaded pumpkin carving (am I a horrible mom because I hate this and hope the kids forget to do it???) Chris is a good sport and helps them while I squirm at the sight of the pumpkin guts getting accidentally tossed onto the floor and nearby carpet.
Isaac wasn't too impressed with the inside of the pumpkin (check out his face in the photo above)
Just so you think we didn't leave Lily out, we let her play with the pumpkin carving knife. They are "kid safe" right?? I think she had fun eating the raw pumpkin off it.
Here is Lily's treat.
She and I had fun watching the big kids work on their master pieces.
WICKED


Umm, did you know I like the musical Wicked? I went again last week. Two of my friends hadn't seen it so I offered to go with them, because that is what kind of friend I am. One of them got sick last minute so my other friend gladly took her place. We had so much fun!!!
Number 6!
Remember him??? If not check him out here or here.
I think he may think I am stalking him.
All us with Elphaba (Vicki Noon) after the show. She is amazing!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Look at Lily's gorgeous blue eyes!!

I am soooo jealous you got to hear Vicki Noon sing again. She was amazing. Probably the best singing I've ever heard that combined 'belting it out' with still having perfect pitch. When is number 7???

Amber said...

Great Pumpkin Patch Pics. What cute kids! Can you believe I have never seen Wicked...I have been wanting to for SOOOOOO long!! Someday Baby.

La Familia Brea said...

Your family is so cute Lisa! It looks like you have been having a fun October. I love Emily's hair cut, she reminds me of Hailey Mills in the old Parent Trap movie (one of my faves).