Thursday, May 28, 2009

Camping With Dad

I am SO glad our church holda Father-Son campouts and Daddy-Daughter campouts because I really, dislike camping. In fact just today, my friend Melissa, posted about her passion for camping.....It pretty much sums up how I feel EXACTLY. So hopefuly she doesn't mind, but if you want to see the post here it is. I think you will get a good laugh out of it.

Anyway back to the Father-Son Campout. Isaac and Chris had a great time. What boy wouldn't love sleeping in a tent, getting dirty and eating lots of junk food?


Chris took this picture of Isaac in the tent when it was pretty dark. I guess Isaac couldn't really see the camera, just the flash. That's why he looks a little spooked.....


The day after in church I had a couple of people tell me that they heard a funny quote from Chris from the campout. Here it is:
Setting the scene: A few of the boys were down by the river in the dark throwing rocks into the water.
Isaac: I want to go play with them and throw rocks in the water too.
Chris: No, that's not safe, let's just stay here and play with the fire."
Nice.

4 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I'm so happy to have a partner in my contempt for camping. It can be lonely on our side of the fence! Camping has some pretty passionate followers. (My husband included.)

I've given in to camping before (out of guilt and under duress)... and I'm sure I'll do it again. But I'm really trying to hold out. Maggie is still just a baby, right? And you don't want to take a baby camping, right? How many years can I milk this angle, reasonably speaking? She'll always be a baby to me! Does that count?

p.s. Isaac looks like such a big boy on his father/son campout! So cute!

Perky's Posts said...

There is no around camping for a family that has four boys! I don't mind it so much. Usually it is only one nighters! We had a funny conversation in our car about Fathers and sons. Better tell you that one on the phone! He He!

Moose and Family said...

I LOVED Chris's comment. I got a good laugh out of that one! :)

Jared & Larisa said...

Shouldn't they have a father/children campout? Let's see what we can do about that ...

And when I heard the story about what Chris said I died laughing. Hilarious :)