Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Lost Art?



So what happened to the world of blogging? Is it becoming a lost art, a thing of the past?


Am I the only one who has noticed that people who use to post a few times a week or at least weekly aren't anymore? Why is that? Is blogging becoming out of trend or are people just busier? I know that a lot of people have become addicted to Facebook so maybe that is the culprit? I by all means am guilty of it as well. I don't check blogs as often as I use to and I have had a few dry patches of not posting things for awhile. I have been trying to be better and set a goal to at least post weekly. I know I am rambling on and on, but no one is reading this anyway right? You are all updating your "what's on my mind" on Facebook!

7 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I hear what you're saying. Personally, my own blog is boring the heck out of me at the moment. And since it's all about me, me, me,... if even I've lost interest I don't hold out much hope for anyone else to be interested.

I need some inspiration (beyond American Idol). I need to do something interesting or maybe have something interesting happen to me. The only problem... Those scenarios may involve deviating from my routine and/or leaving the house. Hmmm... I may have to make a thorough pro/con list before I go doing anything all crazy like that just for a better blog post. You know?

Lisa said...

See Melissa, I think it's funny that your think that of your blog. I find your blog very entertaining (even your AI posts and i'm not a dedicated watcher), and not boring at all! I think we all think that of our blogs (I do as well...). So I guess the motto is: Keep on Blogging!

Ashley A. said...

I am also guilty of blogging less although it doesn't stop me from reading other people's blogs. I think I am bored by my blog, too. I guess it's common to feel that way. I try to write at least once a week, too.

I love that video of Lily walking, too. It reminds me of videos when I was little since it was always my older siblings helping me, too. :)

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Bahahaha... Just as I was whining and complaining over here about my blog, I post twice in one day. I swear, the inspiration fairy hit today... it had been a while since I'd seen her. I just had to come back here and state that, yes, I know I'm a hypocrite today.

p.s. Don't take this to mean I think my blog is "exciting" per se. Just that I finally thought of something to write about and how I wanted to say it. Ha!... that 's what I get though for being such a big baby!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It reminds me of my days with the kids growing up and some of the odd things that happened and the wonderful things that happened. I only wrote letters to friends and carbon copied them to remember the events. The blogs are your family histories -- it's never boring if it's your life. It's so special to watch your family grow so fast. Cherish every moment. Paul and Janet just had another son, Tristan Emory--pretty cute.

I also loved your baking story--someone gave me Amish bread 22 years ago but I didn't have a recipe and when I baked it --it was like a volcano overflowing all over the oven--some friendship bread!! She not a friend now.....

Life is about moments--from the simple to the complex... :)

Anne said...

I have a good excuse at least, right? I promise when the baby is born I'll be much a much more faithful blogger (bragger?). New babies are great blog fodder.

Leslie said...

I still read blogs...thanks to Google Reader! I love to blog, since it is my family journal. But depending how busy I am I go through waves of posting. I do agree that Facebook has slowed things down. We must keep blogging alive, Lisa!! :)