This weekend was our community's annual garage sale. I have taken part in this on the rare occasion only to wonder about three hours into it what the heck I was thinking. Is it really worth the spare change? I have decided it is indeed NOT. The girls were totally wanting to do it this year and had these grand ideas to sell some of their toys. I told them if they wanted to do it they could, but they were on their own. Nana actually came over to help them and brought some of her junk... I mean stuff over as well. Chris and I threw out a few things and told the girls if they sold they could have the money. They totally thought they were going to be rich at the end of the day. The girls were so funny trying to price things. They had everything WAY over priced so I tried to tell them so lower their prices. While they were trying to sell their stuff I ran out with Lily and drove around seeing if I could find any good bargains (more on that in a minute). When I returned home I asked how it was going. Here is the conversation.
Me: How's it going here?
Abby: (very excited) Great!
Me: How much stuff have you sold?
Abby: We sold dad's plastic tubing!
Me: (slightly confused) Wasn't that free?
Abby: Yup
That is pretty much how the rest of the day went too! Their big sale of the day was someone who bought Chris' fertilizer thing for $5. Emily sold some of her stuff (funny thing is that two out of the three things were to Abby with the $2.50 she got from dad's sale!)
So all in all the girls made a combined total of $8.00. I think Nana may have made even less than that.
My day was much better. I spent a whooping dollar on this for Isaac:

He spent a good part of the day whacking balls in the front yard. I must say he has a great swing and can really hit that ball far. We had quite a few people who were driving by stop and watch and tell him he has a good swing. T-Ball here we come!
He spent a good part of the day whacking balls in the front yard. I must say he has a great swing and can really hit that ball far. We had quite a few people who were driving by stop and watch and tell him he has a good swing. T-Ball here we come!






2 comments:
That is so cute!! I remember being a kid and wanting to sell my stuff at the swap meet only to buy junk that other people were selling. It was the BEST!!
LOL!!! What a fun story---good for them for trying and having such positive attitudes!!!
Post a Comment