- Yummy dinners are brought in to eat. I love this part! For those of you who know me, you know that cooking is one of the things I do not enjoy. However when you have a baby people are so great to ask if they can bring you a meal. I never turn this down and so enjoy whatever it is they bring. It always tastes so much better when I don't have to make it.
- I get lots of reading done. I usually read while I nurse. This is very enjoyable to me because I am forced to sit still, and what better is there to do than read a good book? Gotta love that.
- Chris gets maternity leave. We LOVE having Chris home. He can usually be found playing with the kids which is the whole reason I love that he is home! The other day I found him skateboarding with Em, doing yardwork (Isaac was playing with a saw), swimming, and playing tennis with the kids. The kids love their daddy time. Too bad he has to go back to work tomorrow. :(
- I love the way newborns smell. Okay is that wierd? Have you ever noticed that newborns smell soooo good? I could just snuggle her and sniff her head all day long.
- The Wardrobe. How fun is it to dress a newborn, especially a girl? I could dress and undress her all day in all her cute outfits!
- People feed your ego. You are always having people tell you how great you look. Well of course they say that-- anything is an improvement from the week before when you had 30 extra pounds on! But I will take what I can get and enjoy it all!
- People are always bringing you stuff! Whether it is cake (my personal favorite), cookies, a meal, an outfit for Lily or things for my older kids there is always something, someone is bringing by. So nice! AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON I LOVE HAVING A NEWBORN.....
- They are so dang cute and snuggly when they sleep! We actually fight over who gets to hold her and snuggle her when she is sleeping. Chris and Em just had this "discussion" this morning when she was napping. Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping newborn? I think not!
It seems like they grow up so fast. I will miss her being this little. It is so worth all the lost sleep and I hope I can take advantage of her being a newborn and savor every moment of it!






11 comments:
You do look great!! I love the newborn smell too.
She is so sweet. I can't wait until my kids are all better so I can come see you guys. I definetly would be loving to snuggle that beautiful girl.
I agree wholeheartedly on every point. Makes me want to have another one! One thing I will add is the cute noises and "faces" they make those first few weeks. I just love staring at them when they sleep to watch their different expressions. Love the list!
Ok so your last two posts are making me VERY baby hungry!!! She is absolutely adorable! Thanks again for sharing.
Thanks for such a sweet post!! You're one of 3 friends that have had babies within a week of each other and it gets me so excited to have my baby. Then, I stop and think how I'm so not ready but I still can't wait to hold our newest little angel!! You both look great!!!
I can't wait to experience all of these things! Except #6 - FYI, no one is feeding your ego. You genuinely look AMAZING!! A week and a half after I have my baby I think I'm going to be in hiding. Thanks for getting me even more excited to have a newborn :)
Lisa,
She is so beautiful and you do look amazing.I wish I was there to bring you some yummy food! Lots of Love! Christy
I love that picture! You do look great, Lisa, and I really really want to hold that baby. I guess it will have to wait... :(
I am 100% with you on every point. And I know I said it before... but it bears repeating. That baby is CUTE, CUTE, CUTE.
I agree with all of your reasons, especially number 4 and number 8!! I love all of your pictures. Lily is so precious!
Kim (Gibbs) Heinrich
I love newborns, too. And I totally agree...I love their smell and how snuggly they are when they sleep on your chest. Enjoy your little one!
Post a Comment