Lily Jayne Allen was born Tuesday morning, April 8, 2008, at 7:28 a.m. She weighed 7 lb., 11 oz., and was 19.5 inches long. The delivery was great, both mother and baby are healthy.
They were supposed to come home today, but Lily has been admitted to the NICU because of her jaundice and may be there for two more days. She is receiving the light treatment and we're all hoping and praying her bilirubin levels go down so that she can come home.
Please keep Lily in your prayers. Lisa is anxious to come home and blog about Lily, but in the meantime, here are some pictures I took of Lily yesterday (1 day old) to tide you over.






12 comments:
Hooray! I've been thinking about you and your family. Lily is beautiful. Thanks to your friend for posting these beautiful pictures of her. She'll be in our prayers to overcome jaundice quickly.
Congratulations!
Oh, she is just too beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. Congratulations! Hope you can come home soon. Hospitals are awful places to get very good sleep.
P.S. I was just thinking this morning that I told you I would give you our cradle, and then I forgot too. Do you still want it? Let me know.
Lisa Congratulations!!!! She is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to meet her in person. We will of course keep you, Lily and your family in our prayers.
Thank you Anne for posting the cute picture you took! I love them. I am home for a minute to shower and then I am heading back to do a midnight feeding for Lily. I was discharged today but still "staying" at the hospital so I can feed Lily every three hours. I will come home to sleep after I feed her and then let them do the 3 am feeding and head back to feed her for the 6 am feeding. So far her levels are going down, so I am hoping she can come home some time tomorrow.
Nicole- I actually have a cute portacrib/bassinet I got. (I had to buy it, it was pink and brown, her future nursery colors!)
Congratulations Chris and Lisa! Lily is beautiful; and the pictures that your friend took are as well. I wish that I had some pictures like that of my kids!
Love
Jana
Yay! I'm happy to see more pictures of Lily. She is beautiful. I'm sorry to hear about the jaundice and I hope she'll be home soon. It's not fun to be back and forth between the hospital all of the time. We're praying for you both!
Lisa- she is gorgeous. I can't wait to see her in person. I'm so thrilled for you :) Please let me know if I can help at all with play dates for the other kids, meals, etc. You're awesome!!!
Congratulations! Needless to say, she is just gorgeous.
p.s. When you get around to checking your voicemail, you will find a rambling message from me asking if I can take your kids to the park. I apologize for not knowing about Lily's jaundice and the NICU, etc., in addition to the incoherent rambling that comes with all my attempts to leave messages for people. I hope all is well...
Lisa, Congratulations! I was so excited to see pictures of her and they are such beautiful pictures. She is lovely. I hope she is home with you today and doing well. I can't wait to meet her. Please rest and let me know if there is anything we can do for you!
Congratulations! She is beautiful and she is exactly 6 months younger than Ez to the day!
Congratulation!! She's a cutie and I bet your happy she's arrived safely. What an amazing part of the plan of life!! :) Happy Birthday Lily!!
Lisa-She is beautiful! Congratulations!
Post a Comment