We have had an exciting and emotional week with the arrival of Lily. Here are some pictures of the events of the last 5 days. I had a really good delivery and two great nurses and a wonderful nurse midwife. In fact they were really too nice....at least to Chris. After I got my lovely epidural Chris zonked out on the couch and the nurses were coming in bringing warm blankets to cover him with. I was like, "Hello, I'm the one having a baby here!" These next two pictures are just minutes after she was born.
Nana brought the kids to meet Lily when she was about five hours old. They thought she was pretty cute and the girls wanted to hold her and hold her. Isaac was so excited and kept saying, "My baby, Lily!" I love the first picture of them as they first came into the room and ran over to where she was in her bed. Here is Lily in the photo therapy lights. It was terrible to have to have her admitted to the Special Care Nursery. It broke my heart to only be able to hold her every three hours when I fed her. I had been discharged at this point so I was basically just hanging out at the nursery most of the time. I would stay late to feed her and then go home to sleep and be back by 6 am to feed her again and hang out all day. It was hard and every time I left the hospital without her I felt like I was leaving part of me behind.


We were very happy to be able to take her home yesterday. The kids were excited to have their sister home as well. Isaac would be playing and run into the room and say, "Where's my baby?" Then he would look around and say, "Oh, there's Lily!"

Tomorrow I take Lily in to the doctor for more blood tests to make sure her levels are continuing to go down. We hope and pray that she is in the clear. We feel so blessed to have her in our family. My mom has been a life saver this week as she has been taking great care of the kids. They so love Nana! Chris of course has still been super busy at work and in fact had to go back the next day after we had Lily. We are looking forward to after Tuesday when he can take some time off and we can all hang out as a family again and get to know Lily more.












10 comments:
Those are so cute!! Lily is such a little chubbers! I love that last one with her pink cheeks- is that real or did you color it? I just want to smooch her. The best is the one of the kids looking into her isolet at the hospital. You have to frame that. So tender! :)
I LOVE it!!! She is so cute and your family looks so happy. You look great too!! Congratulations again. :)
What fun, cute pictures. I am glad that Lily is home with her family and hope that all continues to go well. I can sympathize with you on having to leave Lily at the hospital. We had to leave Olivia for 6 days and it was torture. We so looked forward to when she could eat so we could finally hold her and kiss her. We will continue to keep your family in our prayers and hope that her levels continue to go down. Once again congratulations---she is beautiful.
Yay! I am so glad that you are all home together. Hallie had really bad jaundice and it was no fun having to be in the hospital and having to have all of the blood drawn. I was sure she was going to have scars all over her precious little feet, but she quickly recovered, feet and all.
Lisa, I am so glad you are all home together now. Thank you for the beautiful pictures. You're a strong girl with two kids on your lap just hours after delivering!! She is so beautiful. What a princess. I can't wait to meet her and hold her.
Lily is beautiful. I'm so happy for your family that she is home now. Congratulations you guys!
Happy Tax Day! Here's to having your family all together enjoying this time. Lily is beautiful!!
Lily is so beautiful! I love the pictures of the kids holding her.
Lily is so beautiful! I love the pictures of the kids holding her.
I love love love all of the pictures, especially that last one of Lilly. I'm sad that she won't be a newborn anymore when I finally get to hold her. Yay for tax season being over!! I hope you can get a little more rest now with Chris home.
Post a Comment