Thursday, April 3, 2008

And you are still out and about??

On Tuesday I ran to get Subway for dinner for the kids and I. While I was there the guy making our sandwiches asked me how many months along I was. I told him I was due next week. He was quite shocked and said, "Wow and you are still out and about??" So my question is---What is up with that? Do some people (obviously people who either aren't married or have never been around pregnant people much) think that we pregnant ladies just sit around the last week or so waiting for this child to pop out while we are knitting booties? As if I have the luxury of sitting around just waiting for this child to make her way into this world? Gee wouldn't that be nice!

I am due in less than a week, but I am still NOT ready! I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and the doctor and I agreed that April 11th would be a great day to have this child. My reasoning is simple, by that Friday Chris should have most if not all of his tax work done. Also I found out yesterday that on that day my doctor will also be on call. So that solves it. We will find out how obedient this child is. As a side note (one that was quite devastating to me) I realized that because of 2008 being Leap Year, my due date is not actually the 9th but the 8th. Lovely. So hopefully this little girl likes to procrastinate and will be 3 days late.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Comments from strangers are very striking sometimes. I've thought about doing a blog entry titled, "My Heart Full." The most frequent comment I've received when a stranger sees me with two toddlers and a third on the way is, "You have your hands full. Or you will." After thinking about this for a while I responded to the next woman at Target who said it to me, "My heart full." (meant in all kindness) I wish you all the best, Lisa. I hope your doctor is on call when you need her!! Love, M

Nicole said...

While my sister-in-law was pregnant with her first child she worked part time. She quit her job 3 weeks before the baby was born and so she was home just waiting for the baby to be born. I think that made it harder for her, her anticipation level towards the end was very high, and I think it made her more anxious.

I think the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pregnancies were easier on one hand because I didn't have time to sit around and think "well, the baby should be here in 4 weeks, 3 days and 18 hours."

Avery was 10 days late and it was actually okay for me because we weren't really ready because Hallie had pneumonia, so we wouldn't have been able to bring her home anyway. So you are not crazy for wanting to wait until you have your ducks all in a line.

MEB said...

Some people just don't get it! :) I think the 11th sounds like a great day. I can't wait to see pictures.

Jared & Larisa said...

Sometimes I wish I could just hide out the last month of pregnancy ... but like you said, it's not practical. Plus it's nice to get out and about to keep us distracted and help the time pass. Good luck for the 11th!!!

Blaine and Tirsa said...

I'm reading this after she is already born on the 8th! You totally jinxed yourself!!!