I had a pair of shoes to return to Target today. Nothing was wrong with them but they were put in the wrong box so they were the wrong size. They were for Isaac and since I didn't have him with me to try them on I wasn't paying too much attention.
I usually have all my receipts in a certain spot in my purse. When I was at the return counter I couldn't find the receipt anywhere. So I gave the lady my credit card and told her to look it up on my card. I have had them do this many times before and had no problems. It is the ONLY card I ever use at Target. She swiped it and told me that I didn't use that card to purchase the shoes. I told her yes I did. She told me no you didn't. Fine. Whatever. Do you want to do a return with your ID for store credit she asked? Fine I said, as I was telling her how I always keep my receipts and I was mad I couldn't find it. Target has a non-receipt policy of only letting you return things twice a year without a receipt so I was mad I was wasting it when I might need it for a gift return at some point.
As I was rummaging through my purse I found it! HERE!!! I pushed it into her hands. Then I grabbed it back. Wait let me show you something I said. I was looking for the four digits to show what card I used. I pulled out my credit card again and held it up to her face. See, I DID purchase it with this card, I exclaimed! Your machine was wrong. I was right. I am a honest person. Grrrrrr......
This being said. I still love the place. It's kinda like that saying we have in our church. The church is true but the people sometimes aren't. Well Target is the bomb but the workers sometimes aren't.






2 comments:
That same thing happened to me! I KNOW I used a certain card to buy something but they said I didn't. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Haha I love the church analogy, too. :)
I'm not even kidding. I love stories about righteous indignation.... and that was one righteous story! And the Target/Church analogy works on multiple levels. Right on!
Post a Comment