I had a strange dream last week. Considering the fact that I wasn’t sleeping much at all and how vividly I remembered the dream, it was unusual. I dreamed of NieNie. If you are a blogger you have probably heard of Stephanie Nielson and visited her blog. If not you can check it out here. She has had a lot of struggles in the recent past and talks openly about how the plane crash has affected her life and the life of her family.
I am a frequent reader of her blog but with having surgery hadn’t been keeping up. So I thought it was odd that I had a dream about her. In this dream Stephanie and I were like old friends. I was visiting her house and our kids were playing together. We were taking pictures together and talking. Nothing was said of our problems or health issues. It was a sweet dream and when I woke up I realized I needed to catch up on her blog.
So I started reading. I am sure it was a tender mercy from our Father in Heaven that I dreamed about her because her insight from her blog was just what I needed. I had really been in a rut with having a pity party for myself and it reminded me of the wonderful blessings I have. (Just FYI these are a couple of the blog posts I read that day; HERE and HERE.)
Today I am also reminded of those tender mercies. Today I am 7 years cancer free. You would think I would forget this day at some point but I doubt it. I can still remember that day 7 years ago when I called the nurse to get my results and she gave me the news. I remember crying to her in happiness. I hung up and called Chris right away and we cried together. So today we celebrate our blessings, celebrate life, celebrate tender mercies. Take a moment today and celebrate yours.






5 comments:
Thanks for posting this and helping me to have a better perspective. I also read Stephanie's blog fairly often and love it.
7 years!! Wow! That is an awesome miracle.
Thank you for your inspiring post. I know I have so many blessings that totally outweigh my trials- I think about this fact often but sometimes it is hard to have a good perspective. Today after reading your post (and NeiNei's) I decided not to cry when I thought about the fact that I have no one here that I could ask to watch Scott for me. We are going down tomorrow to do temple baptisms with the youth and we have to bring him with us. Todd and I will trade off being outside with him. It will be just fine! I have been listing to the song "more" by Kenneth Cope. It is totally inspiring and gives me an extra boost. My favorite line of the song is "my heart is fixed on getting home” Really that is what is most important getting back to our Heavenly Home.
Thank you, you are an amazing friend!
;)
Thanks for your post, Lisa! I always appreciate Stephanie's perspective--and yours, as well. I'm so excited for you--7 years cancer free! What a blessing!!
I've always been proud of who you are and what you've been through. Now we have to pray for Uncle Bill--what a jouney he'll be going through.....
Hope your back is getting better and remember the fact that you're dreaming is a good sign to you getting some good rest...
I remember getting your Christmas card and letter all those years ago and being shocked and stunned that your were going through such hell while I was living in la la land. It made me so aware of our mortality because we were (are!) so young. I'm so glad you are cancer free and able to continue being your delightful self. I'm especially glad that we have reconnected through blogs. Happy Cancer Free Anniversary!!!!!
Post a Comment