Tuesday, September 7, 2010

August in Review

We had a busy August around here. I think I say that every month so you would think I would be use to it by now!! Emily had her first year at Girls Camp!! She had such a great time and loved it all! I am so glad she had fun.

Isaac finished Pee Wee Soccer. He was so excited to get his trophy, can you tell?? He finished off by scoring 24 goals during the season. He is already looking forward to playing next year!


Chris also went to Scotland to golf with his Dad and his two brothers, Matt and Brad. They had a great time as you can imagine. Here are some pictures.




They did some sight seeing as well. I wish I could tell you what this is a picture of but I don't know the specifics. Some Castle or something. Whatever it is, it's pretty!








I love this picture below. Look what is at the end of the rainbow....My pot of gold! :)


While Chris was gone Isaac turned 5 and being the man of the house he started to shave....



I asked him if he wanted to eat cake on his birthday or wait until Dad got home to eat it then. HA! You see how I am huh!? You already know that he is my son so he choose to eat it on his birthday. After all it's not your birthday without Nugget Cake!

Align Center


I did let him open a few presents throughout the day on his birthday and also took treats into his classroom. It was fun to see him with his peers. When they went outside to eat the treats all the kids wanted to sit by him. So cute!

We opened most of his other presents after Chris got home. I love this picture of how excited he was!



Emily also started MIDDLE SCHOOL! CrAzY huh?! Doesn't she look cute on her first day of school? Are you in shock that is wearing some pink??


She actually choose her laces first and then looked through her new school clothes to find a shirt that matched!


Somewhere during this time we also had a friend party for Isaac. Here he is with his best buddies. I have tons of pictures of him holding up 5 fingers. I didn't even tell him to, he just would!
Dang is he cute (It's MY blog remember....?).



We also had some injuries this month. Luckily Dr. Sarah and Dr. Abby were able to take care of this. Their patient was in very good hands.


Soccer season is also starting. Here is Em during her pre game scrimmage.


And Abby...

Abby also had a small friend party. The great thing about Abby and Isaac's birthday's are that they are in the summer so it is so easy to have some kids over to swim and have pizza and cake and call it a party. Love it! The funny thing is that the day of Abby's party it was actually cold and cloudy in the morning. Luckily by the afternoon it had warmed up, but the kids were happy to have the hot tub.



I just had to include this awesome picture of Lily. Does it make you crave a cupcake???

Nana and Grandpa came back from vacation and brought these Silly Bandz for all the kids. They loved them!! If you don't know what they are then you don't have kids in school! Google it!



I am so mean and told the kids if I saw them lying around the house there were mine and they could buy them back for a quarter.


This is my favorite shirt that Abby got for her birthday. It has Yoda on the back of it!



Here are some pictures Chris took of the kids last Saturday. I wish he had got pictures of Lily swimming. She can go all the way across the short length of the pool by her self (swimming to someone on the other side). I was trying to teach her to come up for a breath and sometimes she will but she would rather hold her breath. It's funny because when she has to take a breath instead she will keep swimming and shake her head back and forth as if to say underwater, "I will not come up for a breath, no, no, no!"


Don't worry. No children were harmed in the taking of these pictures.

2 comments:

Renate Hunter said...

Great shots again!!! You even sound better by your writing....it'll be a good Sept.

Jared & Larisa said...

What a month! Ky is looking at this with me and said "I want to do that again!" Referring to pizza, cupcakes, swimming, hanging out with your awesome family ... all that good stuff :)