Yes, it's true-My baby's TWO! Today we celebrate Lily turning two (actually we celebrated last night....You can do that when they are two and don't know any better!!!).
I can hardly believe it was two years ago when you looked like this:
I can hardly believe it was two years ago when you looked like this:
You are a sweet girl and we love having you in our family. It has been fun to see your cute personality come out lately while you are trying to string words together to talk. You are quite determined and stubborn and like to do things for yourself. Your favorite phrase is, "No, my Lily!" Which translates to, "Leave me alone I want to do it myself!" You have these funny words that you use for things, here are some of them:
Lellow = milk or water
Numb-nuh = Vitamin
blah-blah = this is your word you use for anything you don't know how to say which we think is quite funny (And as a side note I sometimes wonder how you came up with this. Do you sometimes listen to me or your sisters talk and think that all we are saying is, "blah, blah, blah, blah.....?")
blah-blah = this is your word you use for anything you don't know how to say which we think is quite funny (And as a side note I sometimes wonder how you came up with this. Do you sometimes listen to me or your sisters talk and think that all we are saying is, "blah, blah, blah, blah.....?")
Poopy = Cooper
Flawberries = strawberries
I love the talking stage and you pretty much can say anything although it sometimes takes us awhile to figure out what you mean/want. You have been stringing more and more words together to make sentences lately as well.
You love to read and look at books. You also play very well on your own and love to be with Isaac and your sisters. Your other favorite thing to do is to play at the park. You especially LOVE the swings. I think one day I pushed you for over an hour on the swing while we were at the park. If we go to a park without swings the first thing you say is, "No swings!?"
Yesterday you had your 2 year check up. You were 22 1/2 pounds! Still a lightweight but I don't think that will ever change. You are 5th percentile for weight and 70th for height and growing right like you are supposed too. You had to get your finger pricked to check for anemia and you were not happy about that. You kept saying, "Bye, bye, doctor!"
Lily is called a lot of things in our family: Lillers, Lillows, Lily-bear, Lils, Em sometimes calls her Lizard. Isaac often calls her Lily James (the funny boy).
Here are some pictures from our celebration yesterday. I took tons of pictures with my new camera (which I hate and am going to return) and only got a few good ones to show.
Lily loves Elmo. Mom loves Nugget Cake, so we both got the best of both worlds. I ordered a nugget cake and stuck Elmo on top! YUMMY!
Nana and Grandpa got Lily this cute puppy that she fell in love with right away!
I love you Lily Jayne!!! Happy Birthday Baby Girl!






4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Miss Lily! Are you really two, today? It seems like yesterday that you (Lisa) went into labor a week before me and I thought I still had a few weeks to go. She is precious, adorable, and lovely. I love those blue eyes! What a cutie. Happy birthday!!!
That cake looks so YUMMY! What is inside? Happy birthday Lily!
Christy, it was chocolate cake w/ white butter cream frosting (of course!!!). SO GOOD!!!!
She almost looks chubby in her newborn pics! But not anymore, that's for sure :) We love Lily, she's so sweet. And I think it's hilarious that she calls Copper "Poopy" (not because I dislike Cooper, but because it's just funny). See you soon!
Post a Comment