Friday, April 23, 2010

Guess Where We Are Going???

Okay, you're right, what gave it away?
For most people seeing this picture below brings about warm fuzzy feelings and happy thoughts.

For me-not so much!

Rather it brings anxiety and an upset stomach. We are on the every 5 year plan for this place for that very reason. So therefore Emily has only gone twice, Abby once and this will be Isaac's first time. How sad is it that Chris and I feel like it is a necessary evil instead of a fun family vacation?! But we are going for the sake of the children. Aren't we good parents!? The things we do for our kids right? Don't get me wrong we will have fun. We HAVE to have fun. For the sake of the children we will try. Try VERY hard to not be grumpy while I am waiting in line. Hope very hard that it will not be too crowded. Pray very HARD that we will never have to use those ugly rain ponchos I just bought today because it is supposed to rain while we are there. Hope VERY hard that Lily will take a nap in the stoller (never in her life has she done this). PRAY very hard that no one will get sick like Lily was last week while we are on our trip. TRY very hard to get a happy family photo with the guy with the big ears so that we can look back on this moment in the scrapbook and remember what a fabulous vacation we had. Wish me luck....

4 comments:

Moose and Family said...

Good Luck!! My husband LOATHES Disneyland. But he went after a 20 YEAR strike to enjoy it with the kids. He still hates the place but it's amazing what we'll do for our kids!

Melissa said...

Good luck!

It seems like every young mom LOVES this place! I don't quite understand it, and Robbie really doesn't think that spending hundreds of dollars and fighting huge crowds, long lines, potentially losing children, sunburns, 8 hours in the car each way, and hmm...waiting in lines for hours sounds like fun. I can see the magic of a world that is just the kids' size like the Bugs Life place and Toon Town and places like that. I can see it... I'm sure we'll go sometime. When the kids are a bit older and out of diapers and strollers??? :) I'm with you, sister.

MEB said...

Good luck! I hope it doesn't rain! I'll pray for good weather for your sake. :)

Ashley A. said...

I hope you guys are having fun!! We can't wait to hear about your adventures. :)