Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's Over


Dearest Cake,



I am sorry but we need to talk. It kills me to tell you this but we are going to have to stop seeing each other for now. I've had just way too much of you lately. First it was at a friend's birthday when I brought you to meet everyone.

(Even in your box you are beautiful. Eight pounds of pure bliss right there baby)

(Yes, this is The Nugget's Night On The Town cake...best in the world!!)


Then it was my son's party where you were the hit of the party.







(Here is the one of you I got FREE with a coupon I had, I really shouldn't have, but you were so insistent)
Next it was one of my daughter's birthdays.


Same drill: Free small cake, I just had to do it!


Everyone loved you there as well, but for them it is different. They can meet you and go on with their lives. You and I can't. I can't not think of you if you are around. I just can't handle the way you are monopolizing my time day and night. I adore you but when you are around I simply can't focus on anything else. Just seeing you makes my insides do somersaults and I just have to have you! Why am I so weak? I just simply can't ignore you when you are near, as much as I try. And you have been around A LOT lately. I hate the way you are displacing my nightly icecream. Then I feel bad for him and I have him as well. It is just too hard to cope. So I must say goodbye for now. Remember it's not good-bye forever. We just need a break.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Did this post make anyone else hungry? Wanna meet at The Nugget??

La Familia Brea said...

Oh my goodness! I have finally found someone who understands my love affair with cake! LOL I seriously go out and buy a cake from the bakery for no reason, except for the fact that I want one! I too should try to separate myself from this love, but I am very co-dependent and keep myself away. Maybe a trial separation is in order.

La Familia Brea said...

I mean...can't keep myself away.

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Must. Have. Cake. Now.

Us! said...

I could have written this letter too! Actually, I should write this same letter too, but since I am pregnant I will continue to justify why I can still eat it and it is somewhat hidden on my body. I'll wait until after I have the baby to think about maybe taking a break. Think about it, that is all I am promising.

Chris Allen said...

I only wish she felt this way about me too!!

Lisa said...

Darling, you are hilarious. You know you are my first true love. Cake just takes a close second...

Grammybumble Bee said...

This is so so cruel showing us those yummy cakes. I guess I'll just have to come and visit and try this wonderful cake. Save some for me. Next time we are near you we'll have to get together.

Anne said...

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa... you are in such denial. Try to remember not to blog immediately after eating 4 pieces of cake, ok? I know you regret it now. I'll be bringing you leftover cake tomorrow. Hang tight.

Lisa said...

Yay, so the break-up didn't go so well. He begged and begged and I took him back. Like 7 times. Oops. Oh, well. It just wasn't meant to be.