Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Em's New Look (and the words I never thought I would hear come out of her mouth...)

Yesterday I let Em cut all her hair off!! She really hates having long hair and everytime we go to get it cut she wants it shorter and shorter. This is the shortest it has ever been and I was quite nervous as I saw him cutting and cutting.


I kept looking at her all day yesterday wondering where my daughter was! I think it looks super cute and I like it even more today as we have been playing with it a bit. When she woke up this morning she said something I never thought I would hear her say! "Mom, will you help me with my hair?" I tried to act all cool when inside I was jumping up and down with excitement. I mentioned we could go pick out some cool hair clips together and she even said, MAYBE!! You have to understand that this is the girl who wears boy clothes, hates to wash her face and is into Star wars, skateboarding and BMX biking! It was like music to my ears. Don't get me wrong, I love her just the way she is, but it's nice to have a little fun with her in that way. Hmm what's next maybe a little nail paint??! Now, that will be the day!



4 comments:

Ashley A. said...

I love the haircut!! Very cute. I love how you had to play it cool when she asked you for help. :)

Amber said...

It is way cute.

Jared & Larisa said...

She looks fabulous - that reminds me of how cute you looked with short hair :) (Of course you look great with long hair, too ... you look cute no matter what!)

Melissa said...

Super cute! It looks stylish and is probably a sinch to take care of. She looks so happy. Tell her it is really cute. I like the sweeping bangs.