Monday, May 2, 2011

35

I don't know how many people are actually reading this but the OCD in me has to keep on blogging even if it is sporadic. Here are 35 facts about me for you to know on the day I turn 35 (May 2). Oh and here is an extra fact. I seriously thought I was turning 34 until I did the math....Whaaaaa!






  1. I hate fish





  2. I sky dived and didn't tell my mom until after





  3. I jumped onstage at a concert once





  4. I often think: Holy Crap I have 4 kids





  5. I am a cancer survivor





  6. I hate public speaking





  7. I sometimes don't admit how competitive I am





  8. I love going out to eat





  9. My favorite food is cake (only with butter cream frosting)





  10. I have bungee jumped





  11. I love watching and playing soccer





  12. I think being the Young Women's President is the best





  13. I think I have the best kids in the world





  14. I love to read





  15. I am all caught up in my scrap booking





  16. I have ice cream almost every night





  17. I wake up at the crack of dawn to go to the gym





  18. I love the sun





  19. I have never colored my hair





  20. I still have chemo burns





  21. I write down all the funny things my kids say





  22. I often have insomnia





  23. I hate change





  24. I love that my husband likes to clean (and does a good job of it too!)





  25. I love hanging out with my friends





  26. I love Wicked and saw it 12 times (I think it was 12....)





  27. I get depressed in the winter





  28. I have a nursing degree from BYU





  29. I love the song Ice Ice Baby





  30. I gained exactly 33 pounds in all four of my pregnancies





  31. I hate to cook





  32. I have panic attacks at night sometimes





  33. I married my best friend and am so happy I have him forever





  34. I love my Savior





  35. I still can't believe I am turning 35






There you have it. What surprised you the most?



16 comments:

Moose and Family said...

Ice Ice Baby!! LOL I think that was the one thing that surprised me the most. :) Have a happy birthday!!

Amber said...

Really? You jumped on stage at a concert?!? WOW!! (I actually knew most of these! which makes me feel pretty cool :)) I'm glad you like being the Young Women's President. Do you want to trade wards?? I love my calling only sometimes---It's a lot of work!
And btw: I could have told you you were turning 35... ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lis!

Leslie said...

I didn't realize that you were such a thrill seeker! I will never intentionally jump out of a plane. :)

Have a great 34/35 birthday!!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Actually, although there were lots of things I didn't know, after thinking about it I'm not sure if I can say they surprise me, per se.

You are smart, ambitious and super organized, as we all know. Luckily, you manage to counter all those potentially intimidating qualities with a down-to-earth likeability. I don't ever want to play Trivial Pursuit against you, however.

You are married to Chris... so you would have to have a playful side, right? Opposites may attract... but they tend to have more trouble with the whole four kids and an eternity thing. I'm not surprised to see that you have a thrill-seeker side.

I think the thing that was most surprising was the seasonal depression thing. Although it's very common, I didn't know that you felt that way during the winter. All those grey days in a row can be pretty taxing... not to mention that's the time of year they come! (Tax season, that is. In case my unintended pun didn't make that clear. Bah!)

Anyway, it's fun to hear 35 more things to like about someone that I'm so glad to know! Have a fantastic day!

Ashley A. said...

I still read your blog! So keep writing!! :) I love your list. So, those times you don't admit how competitive you are---people still figure it out pretty quick, right? :) This from another very competitive person...

MEB said...

That was so much fun to read! I am glad I am not the only fish hater! I didn't know you were the Young Women's President. That is awesome! I am sure the girls love you.
Also, that is so great that Chris loves to clean. Lucky you!
Have a fabulous birthday! I can't believe you're 35! That means I'm turning 34! How did we get so old? :)

Marlise said...

I would have guessed that your favorite food was ice cream! :)....But I guess cake goes well with ice cream, so that works!

Happy 35th! I'm coming up on that one in November (and often have to think about it for a minute before remembering if it's my 34th or 35th! :) --so, you're not alone!). Happy Birthday!

La Familia Brea said...

Keep blogging Lisa! I love reading about your families happenings. You and I share the same love for cake, of course only with buttercream frosting! I will not even touch cake with that whipped crap on it! Definitely the sky diving and bungee jumping surprised me the most. Never knew you were such a dare devil! I hope you had an awesome birthday! Don't sweat turning 35, no one would think that you are a day over 25 anyways!

Lisa said...

I wish there was a "LIKE" button for all your blog comments! :)

Jared & Larisa said...

I love you!! I can't believe you went sky diving and bungee jumped. Take me with you next time! And your hair is the most beautiful color, how awesome that you've never colored it. Love this post!

Anne said...

This is so awesome, and I'm such a bad friend for never reading your blog... sorry! I think I knew all those things about you, except I was surprised a little to hear that you write down ALL the cute things your kids say. You are even more amazing than ever. Will you write down the cute things my kids say too? :)

Love you!!!

Renate Hunter said...

Chemo burns--how and where would those be??? Hate fish---but your mom and bro fish all the time, maybe that's why.....:)

Lisa said...

Aunt Renate,
I was alergic to one of the chemo drugs they had me on. As a result it made me super itchy. They didn't tell me that everywhere I itched it made the medicine "Burn" my skin and scar it. Luckily they are mostly on my stomach and back and the back of my neck, so mostly unnoticable except to me, but a daily reminder of the battle.

Renate Hunter said...

Lisa,
That proves how powerful those treatments are--that's pretty creepy for it to do that.
How about fish? A fishy family and a daughter who hates it??? Too much too young or did you fall in when fishing with Grandma Betty like Sara did? But Sara is really into it now with her fella, Jamie. Later. R.

Lisa said...

Aunt Renate,

I am not sure why I hate fish. I don't hate fishing and have fond memories fishing with Grandma Hunter. I just don't like to eat fish and the smell of fish makes me want to throw up.... :)

Renate Hunter said...

I never grew up eating shimp and stuff like that and don't touch it. I love Brocolli from the store or frozen but not fresh grown. Ever since I was pg with the boys, that in garden broc not good. Also I had lots of it when I was single and made brocolli soup and loved it--afterwards I went to the theatre to work and a gal named Liza asked me how long I had to soak it in salt water to get the worms out? I look at her and go HUH? WORMS?! NO I DIDN'T SOAK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It maybe a mental thing...trust issue....