CAMARILLO
Before we went to Disneyland we went to Camarillo to visit our dear friends, Heather and Nick and their 4 kiddos. We had SO much fun hanging out with them for a couple of days. The kids all got along so well!
This is their newest addiction: Lacie. Isn't she just a doll? I spent the whole weekend snuggling her.
Okay, I let Em hold her too (but just for a minute then I snagged her back!)
We went to Nick's parents ranch house and the kids got to play with the horses.
Heather and I
DISNEYLAND
Okay, here is the update I am sure you have all been on the edge of your seats waiting for right?? Did we survive the big D? I must say we did and we (Chris and I) actually even enjoyed (GASP!) it! Not so much that we want to go back anytime soon but at least we had fun during what Chris called our, "obligatory pilgrimage". We had great weather and the crowds weren't very bad at all. We really didn't have to wait long at all for rides and we totally worked the fast passes and the parent passes so we could just walk on the ride two times in row.
Lily like some of the tame rides. She has never really been a fan of things that move or make noise or dark and noisy places so we did have some issues but overall she did okay. She loved the teacups!
It was fun watching her and Isaac look around at everything in awe. That was the funnest part for me; seeing the kids, especially Isaac, light up at everything they saw.
Dumbo was also a hit with Lily (and even the big kids too!).
Isaac is a HUGE Buzz fan so this was super exciting for him! His favorite rides were the buzz lightyear ride in Disneyland and the 3D one in CA Adventure.
Day two we hit California Adventure.
This ride (can't remember what it's called) was also a favorite. They didn't even mind getting wet. They did this one first off and didn't get to wet.
Then they made me go with them. Luckily some nice man gave Em his poncho so I made her let me wear it the second time (good thing too because I would've got soaked without it!).
I couldn't resist getting a picture with cute Minnie. The kids really could have cared less about getting pictures with the characters (except Isaac with Buzz). We saw tons of them and I would ask if they wanted to do a picture and they always said no. Sure is different than last time when we had to wait in EVERY single princess line for Abby to get pictures when she was 4 years old!
Here is Lily being cranky on the ride...
Luckily she finally fell asleep on the second day (only for 40 min, but we'll take it!).
At the end of the day the kids wanted to ride the the water ride again and again since there was no lines. Isaac got drenched!!
NEWPORT BEACH
After Disney we headed over to Newport Beach for a few days. The picture above is the view from our room.
At the pool...
Oh, and one night after dinner I found a Sprinkles shop!!! SO GOOD!
The Beach
This is my favorite candid shot of her. She was so excited when it few away!
The End! Now I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation!






4 comments:
Man! I need to start vacationing Allen-style. That looks like a lot of fun!
Way to pack in tons of fun stuff on one trip!! Where did you guys stay in Newport Beach? I LOVE that place; it's so beautiful. So can I expect to see you wearing your Disneyland shirt more and more? Glad you survived and kind of liked it :)
Where did Lily get all those curls? She is so cute as are all the kids...
It looks like you had a fun time!! I look forward to the day when all my kids are big enough to REALLY enjoy a fun vacation like that. A few more years....
Post a Comment