1.
Em's teacher gave them a homework assignment last night to make a word search with their vocabulary words. There was a grid already on the paper for them to use and they just needed to fill in all the words, backwards, frontwards, up, down, etc. She was working on it for a while. When she became stumped, I helped (I think I actually said, "I love this stuff, can I do it?"). Finally after both of us getting SUPER frustrated I told her it was impossible to fit all the words and to just go to bed. I was looking at it longer and there isn't even enough boxes for all the letters!!! So here is my PET PEEVE: Don't give homework out that not only wastes time but is impossible to finish! My perfectionist daughter and her OCD mother have issues with that.
2.
Last week I ordered a book online from a retail book chain who shall remain nameless (OK it was Borders). The book was supposed to be shipped to my house, however last week they called me from the store and told me that my order had arrived. I said I actually ordered it to arrive to my house and sure enough they looked at the package and it had MY address on it NOT the stores. The lady was very nice and apologetic and said she had no idea how that happened since the store address wasn't even on it (just the Borders Logo). I told her it was fine and that I would just come pick it up. Meanwhile I sent an email to Borders.com just letting them know what happened so they could look into it and make sure it didn't happen to others. It wasn't a mean email, just a note to let them know aobut it. Well today I got an email back from them. Here is part of it:
"Your package was delivered on Jan. 27th to (insert my address). It was not delivered to one of our stores. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused for you."
So my Pet Peeve is people who think they know what is going on when they clearly don't! So needless to say my email response was not as polite as the original email. Obviously, I am not the one confused in this issue.
And lastly:
3. I get annoyed with people who don't say excuse me when you are in their way but rather invade your personal space instead. What is up with that? This happened to me in Target to day and put me in a cranky mood!
What are your Pet Peeves???






4 comments:
4. I hate when people judge you because you are giving your kids choices and letting the consequences teach them.
For example today Isaac did not wear socks or a coat when we walked the girls to school this morning (he was sitting in the double jogger). I let him because I wanted him to realize it wasn't a good choice and I knew it wasn't going to hurt him in the long run.
I had some lady totally stare at his feet and shake her head at me.
Half way home Isaac said, "My feet are cold". I asked him what he was going to do about it. "Where socks tomorrow."
Love and Logic baby. (That's a whole other post...)
My BIGGEST pet peeve right now is people who think they are special while dropping their kids off at school. Right now, it's too cold to walk so I HAVE to drive each morning. Most of us patiently wait in the long orderly line of cars to pull in, pull up to the curb and let the kids out. The worst is the people who try to bypass everyone to squeeze into that one open space that a car just left open. So it holds up everyone else rather than just waiting their turn like everyone else. It drives me CRAZY!!! I can't wait until it's warm enough to start walking again.
I totally agree with your #3 pet peeve. Especially with this belly I got going on ... instead of people opening doors and being overly polite, they just cut me off and squeeze around me (is that how senior citizens feel? I promise I'm not that much slower than a regular person).
And amen to the Love and Logic. That's how kids learn lessons in a permanent way instead of us just forcing them to do what we want.
Heather, I hate that too!! It SO bugs me when people do that and when they drop their kids off in the "red zone". What makes them better than the rest of us!?
Larisa, It's a sad world we live in when people aren't holding doors open for adorable pregnant ladies!
Oh, and another pet peeve: People who don't clean up after their pets (especially on the sidewalk as we walk to school)!! I so want to track those people down and leave them a gift on their front porch! Don't even get me started on that one!
Post a Comment