Friday, August 28, 2009

Proof that I really do try to be a fun MOM! (warning: Long Post!)

Every once in a while I try to be a fun mom. Most of the time I surely am NOT! But these last two weeks I have redeemed myself. Last summer with Lily being a new born I feel like we did nothing but hang around our tiny rental house and wait for our home to be rebuilt. So here is the fun stuff that we have been doing lately!!
The Circus
My Friend Nicole had a circus give away on her blog and I WON!! I was so super excited. It was for 6 tickets to see the Zing Zang Zoom show. We got VIP passes and they provided a hot-dog dinner before the show, went to the preshow and then had fantastic seats (2nd row from the floor!!!). It was super fun and the kids had a great time! We didn't think Lily would be too much fun since it started at her bedtime so Chris offered to stay home and the girls invited two friends. Here are the girls with their clown noses on at dinner! They gave all the VIP kids a goodie bag with a stuffed white tiger and some other fun stuff. They were in heaven!!

Isaac refused to take pictures with any of the characters at the preshow party. I think he was a bit scared of them!!

The tight-rope walkers were amazing!! We were so close to them!



The Fair
Tuesday was kids get in free at the California State Fair, and all rides were a buck. So my friend, Anne talked me into going. I have never taken the kids before because I SO hate crowds! We left Lily with Nana and gave it a try. It was pretty fun, but hot. It's not something we are going to do every year, but at least I can say we have gone now, and it was so fun to watch the kids have a blast! I guess it is my old age (HA!) now but just watching the roller coasters gave me headache and made my stomach turn! No more for me!

Em and Courtney


TAHOE
The girls tracked off in the middle of August so we headed up to Tahoe for a week. My parents came for a few days and then we had some good friends (the Bake's) come up for the weekend. We had so much fun hangin' by the pool and the lake!




Isaac did the Euro-Jumping this year and LOVED it!
Here all three of them are!


Catching crawdads was the hit at the lake!


These last two weeks have been exhausting. I am going back to boring old Mom now!!!

4 comments:

Ashley A. said...

You are a fun mom! I've been debating about doing the fair but the heat and crowds don't appeal to me either.

I don't blame Isaac for not wanting to pose with the clowns. They look kind of freaky to me. :)

Jared & Larisa said...

I need some of your awesome mom-ness to rub off on me! Help motivate me. Looks like a blast, especially Tahoe :)

Moose and Family said...

You are making some awesome memories for your kids! Plus you're such a great scrapbooker!! :)

Anne said...

Thanks again for taking my girls to the circus- they had such a great time! And you were much more positive than I would have been regarding the Fair. I thought it was terrible- too crowded and way too hot. Ugh. I'll probably forget, though, and do it again in a few years. Sorry I talked you into it this year!

Jealous of Tahoe... I only made it up there one day this summer. I love all your great pics!