
Starting today I am going to only be online for 1 hour a day. That is 60 minutes, or 3600 seconds. Why, you might ask? Because I am a big, fat procrastinator and am easily found in front of the computer, just for a few minutes (I tell my self), before I start on something. Well usually the case is that I get sucked in and then I can't devote as much time to the other thing I need to be doing or should be doing. So that is my goal. Sixty minutes. I can do it, right?! I will keep you posted (of course only during a few of my 3600 seconds a day). Wish me luck.






17 comments:
You've inspired me to put a timer by my computer. I check in a lot on my computer throughout the day (since it's out in the open and running all the time). I actually have no idea how many minutes all these stops add up to (and I think I haven't really wanted to know).
But bring on the accountability and better use of time, sister! I'm stealing your idea.
Here's wishing you the best of luck!
You are very, very brave! Good Luck.
PS - Love the new header picture.
Ooops. I forgot to add the words "starting tomorrow."
As for today, I'm still addicted to my computer.
Come on Melissa, I thought you were with me!! I double dog dare you to do the timer thing...
you've inspired me! I time the boys on the XBOX! I cant believe I am at this point! I apparently needed someone else to do this first! why couldn't I of thought of this myself?
OK, OK. But do I get to start my timer at 60 starting now and just pretend like all the previous minutes this morning never happened?
I have PROBLEMS.
Melissa, You and me both!!! I actually bought a timer at Target today (the kids stole my other one for their Wii timer) since I know I need to be more accurate at keeping track. Before that, this morning I was like, "Okay now I have 30 minutes left." Then this afternoon, I lost track, so tomorrow I am setting the timer!! I must say I have been on the computer WAY less today, but it has been HARD! TOMORROW!! Are you in?
I'm in. I really need it. (Especially based on the number of times I checked your blog alone today just to look for responses to comments.)
Did I mention I have PROBLEMS?
I've got the timer by my computer.
Ha! Melissa and Lisa, you guys are hilarious!!
Larisa, this is not a laughing matter. :) Timer is started....
I admire you for trying to limit the computer use to an hour. It's really amazing how difficult that task can be. We just get sucked in. Good Luck!
I'm using my timer today! (Running as I type...)
Melissa, I am proud of you (and me!!) It's almost 1pm and I still have 33 minutes left, and I've got lots of "other" stuff done today so far!
Yes! I need to do the same. Here I am right now.
In case anyone cares, I used the handy dandy timer yesterday and I still had 18 minutes left when I went to bed! I couldn't believe it! We will see how today goes. I already am more productive.
Good idea! Doing something like that has been on my mind for a long time....now i have to go to Target and get a timer for the computer! Wait...I promised myself I would stay out of Target for the rest of the week!
Wow! Good luck with that. Very admirable.
Post a Comment