Friday, November 2, 2007

Kiddie Conversations

Here are a few conversations that have taken place lately at our house.

EMILY (9 years old)

This one happened this week when I went into Em's room to say goodnight to her. She was sitting on her bed holding a notebook and a pencil and looking into space.

Me: Hey Em, what are you doing?
Em: Just thinking
Me: About what?
Em: (Very serious look on her face) About my life.
Me: Oh yeah, about how great a life you have? (Said trying to tease her)
Em: No, about how I am going to get an iPod.
Me: (Eyebrows raised) Oh really, and how are you going to do that?
Em: I’m going to ask Santa for one. I asked for a guitar last year and he brought me one, so I am sure if I ask for an iPod he will give me one of those too.
Me: Hmmm…. Well you already have a mp3 player and Santa doesn’t bring 9 year old's iPods (everyone better back me up on this one!). Daddy just got one and he is 34.
Em: Well then I am going to sell some of my stuff on Ebay or Craig's list and earn money to buy one. (Is she a child of this generation or what?!)
Me: Great, good luck with that.

ABBY (7 years old)

This took place after school last week:

Abby: (Said with excitment) Mom, today Lorin (BFF) won tickets to go see Hannah Montana!
Me: (slightly tuning out a bit). Cool.
Abby: (Rolling her eyes) Oh, mom you just don’t get it.
Me: (A bit taken back that this came out of my sweet little Abby's mouth!) What do you mean?
Abby: (Shaking her head as she walks away) Oh-- Never mind.

Apparently I didn’t sound very excited about Lorin winning the tickets…..

ISAAC (2 years old)

This happened on Monday right before I took Isaac to preschool. My mom had came over to get her ice cream she had left in our freezer.

Isaac: (Watching Nana take the ice cream out of the freezer) Hey! That's my ice-cream!
Me: No, that's Nana and Grandpa's ice cream they left from last night.
Isaac: (Very concerned look on his face). Nana take my ice cream. That's my ice-cream, Momma. Nana take it.
Me: That's Nana's ice cream. She isn't taking your ice cream there is still lots of ice cream left for Isaac.
Issac: (All the way in the car to preschool, imagine a broken record) Nana take my ice cream. Nana take my ice cream, Momma.

When I picked him up from preschool the first thing he says when we get in the car is, "Nana take my ice cream....."
He certainly is our child!

3 comments:

Ashley A. said...

Those are hilarious! I love Emily thinking about her life. That actually makes me scared that this will happen to us one day in the not-too-distant future. These kids are growing up too fast...

Lisa said...

Ash-

Be afraid....Be very afraid! :)

Joseph A said...

I certainly am afraid...but I'm excited, too. It'll be fun to see our kids continue to grow up. I hope our kids are as cool/funny as yours!