Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Last week of being 2.....





Whatever happened to my baby? She is Miss Independent these days. For the last couple months she has been frequently heard say, "No Lily do it!" In the morning she gets dressed all by herself and when we leave she is the first one to get her shoes on. They are often on the wrong feet but if it doesn't bother her it doesn't bother me. At night she races up the stairs, gets her jammies and puts them on. She buckles herself up in her carseat and I just have to tighten it. She doesn't want any help in saying prayers (although we try because they are like one sentence when she doesn't have help!), and she has to have her own set of scripture to hold when we read each night. She has been potty trained for almost a year and doesn't need any help at all in that department either. She climbs in and out of her crib (only when we tell her too). She scurries up and down the stairs playing with her siblings as opposed to being attached to my hip. She frequently disappears for large chunks of time and plays Polly Pockets in her room, AND cleans them all up when she is done!!! I love that she is growing up, but at the same time it makes me a bit sad not to be needed as much! It is also impressive how much control she can have over her emotions. She can throw a doosey of a fit but she can also snap right out of it if I ask her is she is done. She will nod her head and say, "Lily happy!" And off she goes.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

She may be Miss Independent, but yes she is still happily in a crib.... :)

Amber said...

I can't believe she is so big...I've been gone too long!

Moose and Family said...

I can't believe she is almost 3. That means my Emily is almost 3!! Where does the time go? She's a cutie. I think she looks just like her big sister, Emily.

Jared & Larisa said...

We love Lily! She is such a joy (and good influence on Emmett) :)

Perky's Posts said...

What a beautiful girl with a beautiful mom!