I don't know about you but our July has been exhausting! Combine that with the fact that I have been in PAIN the entire month (first part due to back pain and currently a stupid pinched nerve that makes it hard and painful to walk) and that equals out to my slacking on the blog! So I am redeeming myself in the thousands of pictures from this month that are too follow. I congratulate you if you make it to the end of this post!
SOCCER
Isaac is LOVING soccer. It is so much fun to watch him totally in his element and having so much fun doing it. I think all the playing soccer with his sisters has paid off. So far this year he has scored 19 goals......Still one game to go!
After he scores he has the cutest little skip in his step and always finds Chris or me and has this huge smile on his face.
Old Greenwood
We went to Old Greenwood in Tahoe with Chris' family. The kids always have a great time playing with their cousins and hanging by the pool and the lake.
HIKING
A bunch of us went hiking. Lily was a bit concerned being in the back carrier and being so high up. She kept saying, "No fall down daddy!"
We were having a good time until poor Hannah (age 10) slipped and sliced her leg open. She ended up having to get 8 stitches. She was a total trooper though and she is going to have a super cool scar to impress the boys with!
Lake Tahoe
Of course a trip to Tahoe isn't complete without a day at the Lake. This year Em tried to get up on the wakeboard. She tried super hard but still wasn't able to get it down.
Lily wasn't impressed with the boat and was sad every time someone was skiing or behind the boat. I think she though we were leaving them in the water or something!
Here is Chris showing off his flipping off the boat skills. To me it looks like he is trying to kill himself...
Abby had a great time on the yellow board and stood right up this year without even being bribed with a Webkinz!
Every year we have a picture of Abby doing the "slow down" sign. I told Chris he had to speed up so we could get one! (Don't tell Abby!!!)
Isaac was a hoot on the yellow board. He stood up even before the boat was moving!
Catching snakes at the lake!
Some of the cousins having a treat by the pool.
For the past few years we have taken the kids to the North Star Village to do Euro-Jumping. Here's Abby!
Isaac
Emily
School Time!
Right after we got back into town Abby and Isaac started school. Abby is in 5th grade this year and Isaac started kinder!!!
During the first 30 minutes of kindergarten they had the parents hang around to take pictures and get the kids adjusted. At the end Mrs. Wong asked all the kids to come sit on the Rainbow Rug so she could read them the Kissing Hand book. Can you see Lily on the rug too!! She isn't even sitting by Isaac at the beginning! (Isaac is in the bottom right).
Later on she was looking around for him and ran over to sit with him.
At the end of the book she told all the kids to turn around and wave bye to their parents. Both Isaac and Lily waved bye to me! (If only I could have left Lily too!)
Teeth
Abby got two teeth pulled a few days after she started school. She was so numb that night that she scratched the skin right off her chin because it was itching from the tingling from being numb. Poor kid!
The next week she had two more pulled. She did great and didn't even complain. The tooth fairy was way over budget...
Pool Party!
Every summer Chris' work has a pool party at this neat pool with a high dive. The kids all love it! Here is Abby showing off her skills.
Isaac
Chris
Emily
Abby braving a dive. After all she couldn't be showed up by her dad!
Hope you all are having a great summer too!
P.S. I forgot to include that we also traveled to Napa to my Aunt's house for a family reunion on my mom's side!









6 comments:
Looks like you had a great summer! I made it to the end with no problem...it was all so entertaining. Your kids look healthy and happy. And lily sure is getting big!
Your missing the Hunter pictures from Barbara's--I haven't posted them yet. But I have good ones of you family...
Aunt Renate,
I can't believe I left that out! I even have a picture! :)
Whew, what a post!! You guys certainly have had a busy July.
19 goals??? Go Isaac! That's so awesome :)
It just shows how much more busy you were and how many family member you saw in one week....that's got to be a record!!
I love the black and white of you kids going to school--says a lot.
Post a Comment