Monday, August 9, 2010

Dearest Chris,




I know you are off golfing in Scotland, but I miss you!! I can’t sleep well when you are not next to me. Well I can’t sleep well when you are next to me but I sleep even worse when you are not next to me. The first night I couldn’t sleep because I was so worried that I wouldn’t hear the kids if they needed me in the night, and I even used the baby monitor! You are usually the one who takes Lily potty in the night when she needs to go and I never even wake up. She didn’t wake up until the third night, but the poor thing had wet her pants. She has never done that before and of course it had to be when you are gone. Lucky you! Then once I was all settled into my bed again and had finally tried to ignore the pain I was in and drift off to sleep, I heard Isaac. He had a bad dream, so up I went again. I just have to tell you I do NOT do well with the middle of the night stuff, especially after taking a vicodin and a muscle relaxer. Luckily the rest of the night was okay.

Lily and Isaac miss you giving them their baths. They don’t like boring mom doing it. No one is there to do “wee wee” and swing them around in the towel after they are done. “Daddy do it” Lily kept saying.

Isaac’s closet door came off the tracks. I told him he couldn’t open his closet until you got home because mommy couldn’t fix it.

The dog puked on the floor. I don’t mind when he does this on the tile. The kids can clean it up then. This was a carpet puke. Twice. Plus to make matters worse Abby stepped in it. I had to clean it up. Good thing you are out of the country for that one.

In the evenings I have had to resort to watching things on TV like, “Raising Sextuplets, Toddlers in Tiaras and Plain Jane.” I may be addicted to one or more of these shows when you get back. I’m sorry but that is the price you may have to pay.

I think Isaac may forgive you someday for missing his 5th birthday. We will try to spoil him so he has fun and thinks it’s an extension of his birthday to celebrate when you get home. The other day he said, “When I am bigger I want to go to Scotland like daddy.” Maybe the next trip to Scotland will be a father son trip. Sorry but he voted to have cake without you…

Abby’s chain came off her bike and I don’t know how to put it on again. So she had to stay home from our bike ride!

We are counting down the days until you are back with us again. Ten days is way too long to be apart! However, I am so glad you had this wonderful opportunity to go to Scotland to golf with your Dad and your brothers. I know it will be something you remember forever. So I am trying to be strong and not have a pity party for myself. It is probably good you are not here since my pain is pretty bad and I am super bad company and really cranky when I hurt (as you know!). I did go to the doctor today. Not really good news, but hopefully at least I can start jumping through the hoops to recovery. Plus I got some meds that should hopefully help the nerve pain (over time).

Come home soon....I love you darling.

Your Lonely Wife,

Lis

3 comments:

Lisa said...

P.S. Babe, sometime when you get home can you trim the Japanese Maple that is outside our window? It keeps brushing against the window at night and scaring the crap out of me.... xoxo

Jared & Larisa said...

It's so hard when hubbies are away ... he'll be home soon!! You're awesome :)

Moose and Family said...

Be Strong!! He'll be back before you know it...if he isn't already. :)