Em promoted from 6th grade today!! We are so proud of her. I was a bit put off by this sign saying 2016...I was confused at first!! lol! That seems so far away but I know it will come fast! Slow down Emily! I have to say that promotion (don't call it graduation or a teacher will quickly correct you!) was different than I thought it would be. It was almost like a mini American Idol! There were SO many song performed by the 6th graders! It was actually pretty cute (and some of them were good!).
Em's friends call her Cornbread Head! I didn't even know this until I read her yearbook and asked why someone wrote, "Have a good summer, Cornbread Head!" She laughed and said they all call her that. I love that she stands out. When she is out at recess and I drive by all I have to do is take a quick glance and I can find her easily! Can you spot her in these pictures? :)
Em was one of the kids who got recognized and received the Presidential Award for her grades. To receive this award you have to have gotten a 3.5 or higher GPA during 4th-6th grades. Em has sustained a 4.0 every trimester of every single year! She is really self-driven and starts her homework right after school without being bugged about it. She wants to excel and studies hard to do so.
Can you see the candy bouquet we made her? It was a hit!
Lily was throwing a tantrum at our feet in this picture! She was so patient and good during the graduation, I guess her time was up!
Emily and the best teacher in the entire world!!!
Congrats Em, we love you!!! Keep up the good work kid!
Isn't she lovely?
Oh, and Lily threw such a tantrum we had to cut our picture taking off early. She cried the whole way home and for about 20 minutes at home as well. I guess she doesn't like to share the spotlight. Nice snot huh?






1 comment:
Congrats to Emily!! Bummer about the toddler melt down. Good thing she so cute!! :)
Post a Comment