Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hawaii

Right after we got home from Palm Springs I had a day to unpack, do laundry and repack before Chris and I left for a trip to the big Island of Hawaii with our dear friends. Here are a bunch of pictures from our week in paradise without kids! Don't we look relaxed?

Black sand beach
We stayed at Anne's parents Hawaiian home. It was breathtaking to say the least. Here are some pictures of the view!

In the distance you can see the 15th hole of one of the Mauna Lani Golf Courses. Of course Chris had to play there!
The Big Island has tons of volcano lava rock all over. It is amazing because on one side of the street you see this:
And the other direction you see this:
Baby Luke was such a good baby and it was fun to get to play with him! He is such a sweetie!

Snorkeling fun!

We ate SO much! One of our main topic's of conversation was, "Where are we going to eat today?" One of our best meals was at Ruth's Chris. SO GOOD!
Here is the yummy dessert we had there.
We also spent almost every night playing games and laughing. It was so great. One of the funny things that happened while we were playing was when this huge moth flew in and landed on Anne! I had to catch and release it! Look how big it is!

Did I mention we ate a lot?

This was the best breakfast buffet EVER! We had to eat there twice!

More Golf!

The food was not only yummy, but very pretty!! I think Luke wants a bite!

Anne and Dan didn't believe that we eat milk shakes every night. I think they believe us now. Anne thought it was funny that we can finish a container of ice cream every night if we have the same flavor. YUM! She had to take a picture for proof!

Delish!

Hawaii just isn't Hawaii without a few trips to get Shaved Ice!

Me and my Hottie at the black sand beach.

Dinner at the Canoe House


We had such a wonderful time! Thanks Anne and Dan for putting up with us and letting us share your vacation with you! You guys are the BEST!
I also have to give a HUGE shout out to my AWESOME mom who watched all my kids for a week and survived! Thanks NANA! It is even worth being called Nanny (I am guessing a combination of Nana and Mommy) by Lily! :)

6 comments:

Ashley A. said...

Wow, those pictures are awesome! I think the food pics were probably my favorite! :)

So jealous...

sacramentostakeclerk said...

So much fun! The food looks incredible and the beautiful views were amazing! The moth is totally freaking me out though!

Everything in this comment HAS to end with an exclamation point! I'm just so excited to see what fun you had!

Leslie said...

What a fabulous trip!! You missed all of our crappy weather here. Glad you got to get away before the dreaded tax season begins all too soon!

Anne Allen said...

So can I just copy and paste your entire post into my blog since I never update it? I'll just rename the pics "Anne and Dan" and call it good. Boy, was that fun!

I miss Hawaii!!!!!!!

Jared & Larisa said...

I want to go, that looks too fabulous to be real!! How nice you guys had such a great trip, you definitely deserve it :) Glad you're home!

Moose and Family said...

It looks like you had an AMAZING vacation!! I LOVE Hawaii!!